• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 338 LM best suppressor and thread size?

Straight Shooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
I really don't know much about suppressors.

I am building 2 338 Lapua's for a guy and he is wanting suppressors on them. Who makes a good solid suppressor and what size threads does it need?

5/8-24 or 3/4-24? The barrels are .9 at the muzzle. If I end up 3/4-24 thread I'm going to need a brake that looks good and works well for this big thread.

Another project going is a 375 CT with a Proof Research carbon barrel. The muzzle is 1.100". Any good suppressor suggestions? Can I get something with a 7/8-28 thread?

Thanks

Shawn

Last edited:
Thunderbeast Arms makes a very good .338 brake suppresor, the 338BA. You can order the brake in a variety of thread sizes, but a 3/4-24 is recommended for a .338 can.

Give Thunderbeast Arms a call. They are very helpful and can discuss thread sizes with you.

I shoot an Elite Iron Sierra, and an AWC Thor Ti PSR, both are .338 suppressors. Dale at Elite can make the can with whatever thread you want and will send you a collar so you can time your suppressor TDC for less POI shift. It uses a direct thread onto barrel design. Mine has 7/8 x 28 threads for an EDM WindRunner. The AWC Thor is on a Surgeon PSR and has a very good muzzle break that also comes in different thread sizes. The can threads onto the muzzle break. It yields little POI shift due to it's light weight Ti construction. They also make it in a lower cost stainless steel version.

Last edited:
3/4x24 for a 338LM is what I would choose.

I would recommend the 338BA, order the correct brake per your thread pattern. Then call SAC and get a thread protector for the brakes threading.

Shawn,
We have had excellent experiences with the Thunderbeast product. I personally run one and I'm looking to pick up another shortly. Give me a call and I will help you with any questions you may have.

Thanks

I've got an AAC Titan Ti sitting waiting on the form to come back.

It is 5/8-24

I have heard it is pretty good for the Lapua.

I'll let you know in 9 months