• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

338 LM load data for the 300g HYB

esromvre

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2008
Black Hills SD
Looking for what has been done and the results of such I have 500 of these and 500 SMK's but do not want to push the HYB's out if thay are going to have nose cone problems at high speed take off.

If these are going to be a problem I will stay with my SMK's.

Let me know what you all have done and the loads so I can make a informed decision on what to do here.

Thank You

Re: 338 LM load data for the 300g HYB

I have shot the 300 Bergers out of my 338LM at 2750 fps using 91.5grs of Retumbo.
Accuracy has been good, 1/2 to 3/4 MOA out to 1195yds.
The rifle has a 1-9.5" twist 30" Rock/ABS 5R barrel.
I have shot them faster but 2750 seems to be the sweet spot for my rifle, the SMK's followed suit as they didn't like it any faster either.

Wayne aka WAMBO

Re: 338 LM load data for the 300g HYB

Thanks
I will do the testing and try my norm was 2820 with the SMK's, however; I am starting to flatten primers. SO backing them down will not be a large problem I had 2 accuracy points and thin is the top one. for me the other was 2680 so should be GTG on these.