• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.338 LM Micrometer Seating Die/options

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman
Setting up to reload for .338 LM. But want a micrometer seating die. None to be found... all on backorder or out of stock. Along with everything else...

Wondered if anyone had used one of these Frankford Arsenal 'universal' kits.

1623595015927.png

I have not seen any reviews... so wondering if anyone here has experience. Set is about $100.

There is also the option of a micrometer only fitted to top of RCBS die. I think Redding makes a 'universal' fit for VLD bullets that screws into a standard 1/2" thread die.

1623595523365.png

Again, any experience. These are about $50 ea. Or should I just wait for a Forster micrometer seater for .338LM to come back available?

Sirhr

Problem solved. Found a micrometer seater. And ordered a set of the Frankford Arsenal... just because it was $80 on eBay.

The lower one... not going to work on RCBS dies. They use the long threaded rod for seater. No Bueno for a 1/2" thread micrometer.

I'll do a review when I get it!

Cheers,

Sirhr

If it doesn't work out I have a Forster you can borrow as long as you want (I went with Widden). It has about 30 rounds on it.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
While I've only used it for 223, so far I'm pleasantly surprised with the universal seater from Frankford. Bought it on a whim a while ago knowing I was going to be adding more calibers but didn't use it till about 6 weeks ago. Initially it seemed like there was a lot of play in the system when I was setting it up but once you use it it all makes sense. Now that I've used an open window seater I don't really plan to go back to the normal seater I have for 308. The micro meter seems accurate according to my caliper, and it seems to have stayed put for the 150 rounds I've loaded with it so far. All in all I'm very pleased with it and would recommend it to anyone. (Pic is with a 69gr HPBT from RMR Bullets)

Attachments

• PXL_20210428_220506837.jpg
    PXL_20210428_220506837.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 33
  • PXL_20210428_220453050.jpg
    PXL_20210428_220453050.jpg
    398.1 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: sirhrmechanic