• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

338 Norma

What would you all think about starting at 85.0 gns of Retumbo with 300 gn Berger OTMs in a 30 Barrel with an additional 9 inches suppressed?
We ran the 300 grain SMK’s over 89.7 grains of Retumbo and got 2,760 FPS with no pressure signs. I’d start closer to 86 grains with the OTM’s and work up. YMMV

H1000 85gr / 300gr OTM.
I took this load for 1905yards w/ 20” plate. Very good result.

IMG_7252.png

What custom dies are people using for a 338 Norma AI? I have whidden FL and they suck. I have them for two other cartridges and dealing with the same problem. They barely resize the brass. The resizing die is almost two full turns from touching the shell holder. Any closer and the shoulder bump is way too much. After a few firings its hard to close the bolt on a resized brass even with the shoulder bumped back 3-4 thou. Whidden's FL dies are basically just neck sizing dies. Just curious what others are using. Looks like Redding and Hornady area accepting orders for custom dies now. I use lapua brass in all my cartridges. Just wondering what dies are working for people out there that are wildcating.

I’ve got a 35* 300 NMI coming and got the die from bullet central. Micron precision. While I haven’t recieved the rifle yet the dies come with a great reputation.

Reactions: tho98027