• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

338 RUM binding in 338 CIP magazine

alliegator

Private
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2013
Hello everyone, I really enjoy reading the wealth of knowledge at this forum. I am having trouble and hoping you can guide me in the right direction.

I have a Remington 700 BDL in 338 ultra Mag in a Manners T-6 Stock with a 338 CIP Chassis. I am using new prepared brass. My problem is the magazine does not feed the 338 Ultra Mag case is binding in the 338 CIP magazine right at the front of the stamped area of the magazine and the shoulder of the case resulting in the case not to spring up to the top of the magazine lips.

Thank you for your input,

Allie

Cut the stamped area out of the AI mag with a mill or some other cutting thing and you will be fine. 300 Win Mag CIP mags work best in 338 Ultra. That's what I did to my 338 Ultra

Last edited:
338RUM,

O.K. will give that a try this weekend. Thank you for your time.

Allie

I used the 338 Lapua mags in my McRee chassis. I did have to cut out the forward dimple with a dremel tool (not hard, just time consuming) as the shoulder of the RUM sits farther forward than the Lapua. It fed just fine I looked kinda like a PMAG as you can see the brass in your mag :). Does allow dirt/shit into the mag system though....

t

I milled out approx a 1/8" slot on one of the dimples and that works great. I also helps to hold the case back in the magazine so it does not slam forward on recoil and damage the tip of the bullet.

Again thank you,

Allie