• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

338 yellow bastard

Jimmym40a2

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2008
Colorado
http://02c0b6d.netsolhost.com/338yellowbastard.html
268_100_2105.jpg

576_100_2101.jpg

Case is made of tool steel. It comes apart and bullet and powder are inserted. 50bmg primer-case is actually larger than a50bmg but the head is the same size. 195 grains of h50bmg.3850 fps with a 250 grain (Rocky Mountain 338 bullet) at under one moa. (100 bucks a case)Action is made of hardened steel (harder than regular action)

Re: 338 yellow bastard

Interesting cartridge,
I was reading a little about it on there site.
quite pricey as well,$100 per cart.but never the less promising technology.

Thanks for the post, that is most interesting and I have never seen anything like it.

Im guessing those cases do not expand, or do so rapidly. I would love to know.

Very interesting!

on the website it says they can be reloaded indefinitely

the cases are made from tool steel. Which is harder then most of the rifle. SO it'll last a long damn while.

I'm curious how that works with a 250gr round seated down in the case. It's a massive jump to the lands in the barrel. If that is how it is when fired.

Couldn't you get similar results using 50BMG brass with plastic sabots and 338 projectiles?

i wonder how long till the barrel is smoked?

any kind of info on this would be great...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Munimula</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the cases are made from tool steel. Which is harder then most of the rifle. SO it'll last a long damn while.

I'm curious how that works with a 250gr round seated down in the case. It's a massive jump to the lands in the barrel. If that is how it is when fired.

Couldn't you get similar results using 50BMG brass with plastic sabots and 338 projectiles? </div></div>

they do have 50bmg "slap" rounds. they fire a saboted projectile that i believe is about the .338 size at 4000-4200fps.

My understanding of the sabot rounts is that they arent very accurate, which kind of defeats the purpose. Could the front part of these steel rounds be part of the barrel when chambered perhaps? If not it does seem like a long jump.....

They mention heavy rearward pressure. I think that might be an understatement. The S7 tool steel likely doesn't expand enough to grip the chamber at all. This would put all the pressure directly on the locking lugs. Makes one hope the last batch of steel didn't come from China or Bumfukistan............. That could provide more excitement than I'd care to be a party to.