• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors .338BA Brake vs .30BA Brake for 7mm Mags

Graham

Generalissimo
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2007
Michigan
Has anyone done any testing, when running a .338BA on a 7mm Magnum, regarding the efficiencies of using a .338 brake vs. the 30 cal brake?

Re: .338BA Brake vs .30BA Brake for 7mm Mags

From what I've seen the .338 can will be a little but more effective than the .30 can due to the larger volume of the .338 can. Both would do a good job but if you have a .338 and a 7mm and have the cash and don't mind the extra size of the .338 can, I would go with that.

I was asking about the difference between using the two brakes with the same 338BA can.

Call TBAC, they can probably make you a brake with the outer dimensions to fit the 338BA can with a bore diameter for the 7mm. Never hurts to ask.

Thanks Zak, that's exactly what I was asking - and what I was thinking.
smile.gif

I use the 30BA on a 7RSAUM and its probably about 90% as effective as when I use the little bastard on it.

Zak, in theory should a 30BA (with can on) have better recoil reduction than a 30P-1 because of the brake? I would think a brake loses its effectiveness if the gasses cant escape as designed though.

They should be the same. It doesn't really lose effectiveness per se because when the suppressor is over it, it becomes part of the suppressor and has the same brake effect as the suppressor would.