• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

.338LM Component Help

PRScustom

Private
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2011
I am starting to plan my first (and only for quite some time) ELR build with a .338LM. Cost is not really an object on the components. I am planning on using a Manners MCS T5A, or a KMW Sentinel for a stock.
I need help with the action choices and barrel length and twist. I am planning on shooting the 300gr bullets and this will be my 1,000-2,500 yard gun.
I have narrowed the actions down to several choices:
-BAT
-Surgeon
-Badger 2013 (if it ever comes out :) )
- Deviant
Suggestions and experience are highly welcome. Wait time is not a problem I am planning on it not coming together for a year or more.
Thanks for your help.

Well I have a similiar build. Manners T5A Badger M2008 Bartlein 30in 1-9.5 twist Atlas Bipod. I would go at least a 28in barrel if you are going well over a mile and a 9.5 twist if you are going to be shooting 300gr. For the action all of those are excellent choices, I can really only comment on the badger and the surgeon but either one of those is good to go.

I have been doing the same thing.

My build so far is a Manners T4 (had it laying around so may as well use it), a Stiller TAC 338 action, Badger DBM and Timney Trigger.
Now waiting on the barrel which is a carbon wrapped 20" Madco in 1:10 twist with a fat bastard muzzle brake.

Once the barrel arrived it was going in for the build, but now I am now tossing up whether to get a Manners Mini Chassis for the stock.

I'm currently getting things together too. I have a defiance deviant action for a 260 build I am also working on. I liked the action so much I ordered another deviant for my 338. I have a krieger barrel that is finished at 30 inches. 1.35 at the breech down to 1 inch at the muzzle. I want to say my twist rate is 1:9.35. Manners stock... I get the 338 barrel and action in any day now...

I am planning on the fat bastard break as well along with a march scope. From what I've read here and elsewhere the BAT actions seem to be just slightly above the rest. It also seems like a 30" barrel is in order

I would go BAT, Suregon, Difiance in that order. I have a BAT and Nesika (glens old company) and they are both excellent actions

If you can get one, go with Surgeon's 1086 XL action. They were built for the 338 LM. OTW, I recommend getting a Defiance Deviant.

Best accuracy and long range potential I can get. I live in the desert so I can shoot as far as I want. I figured .338LM would be good for beyond 1000 to around 2500. Can't afford to go cheytac. Shooting human sized steel as far as I can