• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

33XC reloading press recommendation

AlanX

Private
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2022
Arizona
Is there a press that you recommend for 33XC? Does Co AX has a sufficient loading window? Thanks!

L.E. Wilson sells 33XC dies and the K&M arbor press so I’d assume it works. I use it on a 300 PRC and there’s quite a bit of travel left.

The 33xc case length is quite long, just a bit longer than cheytac. I have the redding ultramag, and even with it you are still maneuvering the bullet up into the die then seating down into the case mouth. Not a big deal, you'd have to move up to something like the rcbs ammomaster to have a spacious amount of room in there.

L.E. Wilson sells 33XC dies and the K&M arbor press so I’d assume it works. I use it on a 300 PRC and there’s quite a bit of travel left.
Thanks for the advice. I already bought Tubb dies. I heard a lot of good things about LE Wilson seater though. I may go that route in the future.

Reactions: Bandit320

You would need the longer "leg" for the K&M to go with the 33XC die.

Reactions: Bandit320
Thanks for the advice. I already bought Tubb dies. I heard a lot of good things about LE Wilson seater though. I may go that route in the future.

I wish I could with my 37XC. The LE Wilson Seaters are the bomb!

Which press would you recommend for 33xc LE Wilson seater die?

The only one I've tried (and still use, when possible) is the K&M Arbor Press. It works well for everything I shoot except the 37XC (because Wilson doesn't make a seater for that caliber). It is not overly expensive and does the job.

As mentioned above, you can get a longer leg/post/whatever you want to call it. The big XCs are way longer than the vast majority of calibers and require the extra height the longer post offers.

Reactions: AlanX
The Zero Press works great as well as using an LE Wilson seater with an Amp Press. I was also able to modify my AmpMate to accept the 33XC case to use with the Amp Annealer.

Reactions: AlanX
The Zero Press works great as well as using an LE Wilson seater with an Amp Press. I was also able to modify my AmpMate to accept the 33XC case to use with the Amp Annealer.
I appreciate your recommendation, but both Zero and AMP press are currently out of my budget:)

Reactions: RickyRacer87
I appreciate your recommendation, but both Zero and AMP press are currently out of my budget:)

Just about any standard reloading press will work. One of the nice things about the XCs is that you don't need a different press.