• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

33XC repeater?

Taylorbok

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2017
Sask, Canada
I've got 2 buddies looking to build 33xc rifles and they are both stuck on being able to mag feed. I see Stiller and Pierce both offer repeater actions, is there other options? what's the go to choice?

also which bottom metal? Cadex seems to be the one I can find.

Thanks

They are obviously not elr shooters if they want repeaters. You dont and will never need the use of box feed in any matches. And any match that you need a detachable mag for the Xc would be your worst choice . But to answer your question hands down pierce 10x. Not ever close in quality. The stiller is basicly a over grown remington 700 and no better in quality and tollerances then the remington 700..

Last edited:
So what are the tolerances of a Stiller action vs a Remington action? I see you claim that Stiller isn’t any good but never see you actually support that claim.

So what are the tolerances of a Stiller action vs a Remington action? I see you claim that Stiller isn’t any good but never see you actually support that claim.
They are made to the exact same tolerances (loose ) race way clearance but the stiller cheytac action has more outside od taper then the remington 700 cause its longer please note there should be no taper from front to back of action.
Dont need to support that claim measure it your self and compair then compair it to a pierce, bat or borden action. stiller is a budget action. Nev er said it was no good.just not a highend action. The stiller will show signs of pressure way before the pierce 10x will. And the stiller has extractor issues they brake or bend or just dont work. Most people who own a stiller cheytac action have replaced the extractors 2 or 3 times. If you have ever done any cerakote work you would know the tolerance differences between the higher end stuff and the budget stuff .

Last edited:
Based solely on the price I'd have to imagine the Pierce is held to a higher standard but sometimes you never know.
price is not always an indication of quality. Indication of quality is the product speaks for itself. John Pierce went into the business of manufacturing actions as a competitor because at the time no one produced action that Suited his needs Pierce engineering along with Borden and bat our top tier manufacturers a sport where precision in every aspect is the name of the game

If they want to mag feed a 33xc is a waste of time. Just go with .338NM or .338LM. If you mag feed a 33xc you performance will degrade and you we be right at the .338
I did mention either a NMI or LMI one is considering that and going to do some research the other guy is pretty hell bent on a 33XC repeater. I do see his point of you can always single load a repeater but you can never mag feed a single load action.

If they want to mag feed a 33xc is a waste of time. Just go with .338NM or .338LM. If you mag feed a 33xc you performance will degrade and you we be right at the .338
Pierce 10x or Bat L single feed , do not mag feed for serious

There is no talking the one guy out of mag feed. I told him it was a waste numerous times, I'd bet dollars to donuts that he puts the mag on and never one time puts a round in it.

I've got 2 buddies looking to build 33xc rifles and they are both stuck on being able to mag feed. I see Stiller and Pierce both offer repeater actions, is there other options? what's the go to choice?

also which bottom metal? Cadex seems to be the one I can find.

Thanks
If you can get one I think jjrock has the best repeater then probably pierce
But that’s the wrong cartridge for repeater it’s longer than a cheytac isn’t it?
I would talk them into single shot and got bat action or a different elr cartridge

If you can get one I think jjrock has the best repeater then probably pierce
But that’s the wrong cartridge for repeater it’s longer than a cheytac isn’t it?
I would talk them into single shot and got bat action or a different elr cartridge
Cartridge is basicly the same length but over all loaded round is shorter cause 300 grain 338 caliber solids are shorter then 400 grain 375 caliber solid. Jjrock actions are more of a tactical action where pierce engeneering is more of a precision action.

338 Snipetac with 265 badlands in a rather short throated chamber. Getting these things to fit in a mag isn’t optimal
2AA8BD10-4C48-42AE-8823-496800F4B6C4.jpeg

Repeaters and ELR don’t work well w heavy recoiling rifles. Your bound to damage the tips causing BC variations and accuracy issues at LR.

If your building a 33xc hunting rifle than yeah have at it. Again tip damage is a concern which may hinder bullet expansion on game!

Repeaters and ELR don’t work well w heavy recoiling rifles. Your bound to damage the tips causing BC variations and accuracy issues at LR.

If your building a 33xc hunting rifle than yeah have at it. Again tip damage is a concern which may hinder bullet expansion on game!
Not to mention any match where you would need a repeater the 33xc would be a poor cartridge selection. Generated heat and the overbore xc would destroy your barrel in one match. Match like the nightforce steel challange your barrel would be done .

Reactions: BCX
Geno thats prob .250 throat erosion w the Carnie? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Geno C.
I’ve got 500 rounds on it and it won light gun at Spearpoint, the last match I shot with it. I haven’t measured the throat or even put a bore scope down that one 😂

Reactions: BCX
Ok so the biggest reason is you don't need it, I wouldn't put it past either of them to want to shoot animals with it.

I almost had to shoot a bear last weekend w my 24lb 33xc....

Would of been tough trying to swing that rifle on a charging bear at 40 yards :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Geno C.
Funny story, i was laying prone just testing loads on paper at 300 yards, after the 3rd shot look down at the Magnetospeed, look up and holy shit theres a black bear 40 yards in front on me looking around. Had no sidearm and my cell was in my truck 30 yards from me. Slowly kneeled up, walked to my truck to grab the cell, slowly walked up to pavilion to take video. I will try to post it later.

Mr Blackie was looking for a easy meal lol