• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

34 and 35 mm scope mounting options

opeagle

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2009
Ohio
I have two AR platform rifles and both 34 and 35 mm scopes to mount. I’m looking for maybe more than an ADM cantilever but not sure I want to pay SPUR prices.

What are my options?

i have nf unimounts on my two nxs 30mm tube scopes and bought one in 34mm for my vortex. no issues. was going to buy another one for an incoming vortex 34mm scope but they didn't have any low enough so ordered a badger to try. not sure if either do 35mm tubes.

You look at Badger? That's who I use for most everything now. Prices are the $200-ish but I bet they keep prices down by keeping the designs pretty simple. Those companies that make $20 rings copy from Badger. I have a set of copies, let me tell you, not even close. Badger rings are SN'd and don't require any work. They make all sorts of ring caps and shit for mounting everything from a SIMRAD to a bubble level too.

I have a set of steel rings USMC buys for their .50 rifles. Includes a 6 cap and a 4 cap. The ER25 I have mounted on that DTA HTI mounts SOLID. ZERO movement and that damn thing has more recoil than anything I've ever shot. They make one piece mounts that fit USO TPAL's and that's what turned me onto them. They also make shorter 1 piece mounts too. Pretty much everything they make can be had in 1.49 or 1.5" height for CNVD use.

You can feel the scope fit snug in these rings unlike others. May leave light marks, but it will NOT move.

I use either Badger or Seekins for rings and bases on the bolt guns, but due to the eye relief needed with an AR I need a cantilever mount.

I’d not looked at the ADM Scar line, thanks for that suggestion.

I second the Spuhr! $ 400 is steep, but its the most thought out, heavy duty, and user friend mount i have. The cant bubble isnt the easiest to see, at least in white( got a green level tube spuhr replacement for 12 bucks) but if i choose to ad a angle cosign, its even got an adaptor for that as well. You spend $ 3000 on glass, whats stable protection worth? full disclosure, I also have zero kids, and 2 incomes, between the wife and i.

Spuhr SP 4602 with 20 moa cant built in

Attachments

• 20190127_204953.jpg
    20190127_204953.jpg
    325.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 20190127_205150.jpg
    20190127_205150.jpg
    405.6 KB · Views: 18