• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 34mm Badger Alloy Rings

11:11

EnterSpace
Minuteman
Jun 27, 2014
Around 750ft. sea level
Does anyone know where I can find 34mm 1.2 in. high alloy Badger rings, with 6 screws in the front and 4 screws in the back? I thank one vendor were sold out, but I'm beginning to thank that particular screw configuration is extinct!! Any help would be appreciated.. I may have to go with steel if not.. Also, with a 40oz scope, would it be that important to use the 6 screw model over the 4 screw?? And lastly, does anyone have a preference over steel vs. alloy rings, on a long range precision rifle for comp???

It would be helpful to us helping you, if you would look at the Badger chart https://www.badgerordnance.com/sizing-chart/ and tell us exactly which ring set your looking for by P/N.

As to Alloy vs Steel, I'd consider the recoil of the rifle rather than the weight of the scope as the deciding factor. I consider 4 screw Badger Alloy rings sufficient for any rifle in 308 Win recoil class and below and Steel Rings for the 300 mags and up recoil class rifles. This is not to say that Badger Alloy rings would break or be inadequate mounted on a 300 Mag rifle, but rather the extra weight of Badger's Steel rings (nearly 3/4 of a lb.) vs the 1/4 lb weight of Badger Alloy rings helps tame some of the recoil.

I have no firm opinion on 6 vs 4 screw, as I've never found the 4 screw Badgers lacking.... IMHO and YMMV

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll try to find the part number.. I'll be needing these soon.. "Like, buy as soon as I make my finale choice." It will be going on a 6.5Lapua, and I would like to control the weight some, but not at the sacrifice of a sturdy, strong scope..

I found the 306-27 Alloy 1.275 height 34mm rings for $169.95 brand new.. Everyone else has them for $200-210?? Something doesn't sound right. Even a company as large as Midway has them priced more..