• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 34mm mount/rings QD vs Fixed RTZ

Steyrman13

Private
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2012
Alabama
I don't plan on swapping optics on rifles often, but if I did say once every 3-6 months, do I need a QD such as Bobro, Larue or should I stick with semipermanent such as Spuhr, Nightforce, Badger. I'm pretty sure I want a one piece mount/rings regardless because it seems to eliminate torque problems front front to rear. If I went with semipermanent, how would you get a consistent rtz by moving from rifle to next? Torque wrench on the mounting nuts? I have a Bushnell HDMR H59 and plan on shooting out to 1k-1500 possibly with primary rifle in .308 and maybe moving it to 300WM from time to time. Anything and everything advice is welcome. If I'm looking in wrong direction help steer me into the right one please. The .308 is a Steyr SSG04 23.6" barrel.