• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 34mm Rings and Bases

Pete E

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 2, 2004
North Wales, UK
I'm considering setting up my .308 Howa or my .260Rem M591 Sako for longer range shooting and I have a lead on a S/H S&B PM11 scope for the optic.

I currently have some 15MOA bases for my Howa, will they be enough to get me out to 800m with the 3-12x50mm S&B?

If I go with the Sako, does anybody make 20MOA or 25MOA bases to dit the dovetail directly?

With regards rings, is there any reason not to use the Warne 34mm permanently attached rings? I currently use them in 30mm & I like the squared recoil "peg" in these, plus the fact they offer "low" rings as an option, which seem to be pretty uncommon in the 34mm rings..

The rifle will be used for informal long range shooting and hunting, if that makes any difference..

Regards,

Peter

Re: 34mm Rings and Bases

15 MOA will easily get you to and beyond 800M with your PMII...even if its a single turn.

Check with USO. Also try Near manufacturing. talk to them about your Sako dovetail base.

Good luck!

PSG,

Thanks for the leads..I intended to get some 34mm Optilock rings to go on the existing Optilock bases and then use a shim to get 20moa...I figured the swiveling plastic inserts on the Optilocks rings would allow me to get away with that...

Only problem was that when the 34mm rings turned up, they don't have the plastic inserts unlike the 1" and 30MM!
mad.gif
mad.gif

PS, Any comments on the suitability of the 34mm Warne rings to go on the Picatinny rail?

Everybody seems to use "tactical" rings like BO or Seekins, so I am wondering if theres something that makes the Warnes in unsuitable for this application?

Regards,

Peter

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete E</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Everybody seems to use "tactical" rings like BO or Seekins, so I am wondering if theres something that makes the Warnes in unsuitable for this application?
</div></div>

Fashion