• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

34mm rings without nut?

Totoro

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2019
Gold Country, PRK
Okay fellas, been looking for some wider 34mm rings that do not have the large base nut.

Vortex and APA are two that I come up with.

Any others that I am missing that I should consider?

Looking to slap on a Razor Gen2 on a 300WM PSS with brake.

In a perfect situation, if Seekins had the 6/4 screw ring set from years past I would snag a few sets.

Thanks!

Seekins, Vortex Pro and Talley Modern Sporting all seem to be the same basic design. Any of the available quality 6 screw all seem to have the large cross bolt design.

Another to look at are the ARC M-BRACE rings, they are a different design but plenty beefy.

Reactions: FuhQ and Totoro
Arken doesn't have the large base nut, but may not be as wide as your wanting. They have worked for me, but the only thing I've had them on was a 22.

Reactions: FuhQ
Okay fellas, been looking for some wider 34mm rings that do not have the large base nut.

Vortex and APA are two that I come up with.

Any others that I am missing that I should consider?

Looking to slap on a Razor Gen2 on a 300WM PSS with brake.

In a perfect situation, if Seekins had the 6/4 screw ring set from years past I would snag a few sets.

Thanks!
Seekins Precision all the way. The Arken HALO rings have also been good for me.

Having used both Seekins and M10, can recommend both easily.

Seekins are cheaper for set and forget. M10 easier to swap between scopes of the sane tube diameter.

Holding zero was not an issue with short action cartridges for me (I don't shoot LA).

I picked up a NF unimount at Lowlight's suggestion and am still using it as it's awesome. (3 nuts)

Started using NF Ultralite rings from the rec of another very knowledgeable Hide instructor and have since decided these are the best for ME. (1 nut per ring)

Don't know if it's aesthetics or maybe you cut your finger on one sometime, but the single large nut system works. (from a performance standpoint) 😋

Started using NF Ultralite rings from the rec of another very knowledgeable Hide instructor and have since decided these are the best for ME. (1 nut per ring)

Same here. I've tried NF, Seekins, Badger, ARC, and I'm sure a few others. I recently tried the latest popular rings and it wouldn't fit my 34mm tube (I confirmed the tube was 34.00mm). I exchanged them and still had the same issue. NF Ultralights worked just fine. I'm done trying other ones.

Great info fellas!

I hunt more than shoot matches but getting an itch for a heavy boomer.

The Seekins and APA are more attractive to my eye from aesthetics perspective, though I dont doubt eithers holding power.