• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 34mm ultra high rings,...

cruzie27

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2008
(570) PA.
Who makes some good ones?

I am looking to mount my Premier heritage 3-15x50 scope on to my Barrett M82A1. I would love to use the Barrett rings,. But it looks like I am SOL because the biggest they go is 30mm and my scopes main tube is 34mm.

I have a set of the Badger Ord. 34mm high rings on now,. But the are still too short to get the scope to clear my rear sight,. And man they look woefully thin for use on a .50BMG rifle.

So where can I get the rings I want/need?

Re: 34mm ultra high rings,...

Badger P/N 306-76 USMC M107 34mm 1.49" Extra Highs

6-Screw front, 4-Screw rear

GTG

Desert Tactical Arms makes some that should be about perfect for a M82

your choice of ring diameter and slope.

Here's a pic of it sitting on their SRS.

_MG_0425.JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bauer Arms</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Badger P/N 306-76 USMC M107 34mm 1.49" Extra Highs

6-Screw front, 4-Screw rear

GTG </div></div>

I was looking at that a few min ago,... I wish they where 6 screw for both front and rear,.. I want to try and stay away from the 5/8's rings as best I can and use wider rings because I would like as much bearing surface as possible between my scope and rings,. I know no optic last forever but I am in no rush to replace this one.

There has to be someone out there that makes the rings I need besides Badger (not a knock to Badger,. I plan on having there rings on my 300wm) I would like to see at least a one inch width on the rings I use for this set up.

I have an AI 45moa mount on my Barrett with a 5-25 S&B in it and it has zero problems holding the scope in place. The 6-screw rings are just overkill from what I have seen and experienced. Heck how many military 107's have double 6-screw rings? Zero.
wink.gif

Adam

You know I never bothered to look at the set ups on the company guns,.. But then again we all pay for those rifles,. I pay for mine, so overkill or not it would be nice to spend my $$$ on something that puts my mind to ease.

When it comes down to it, I'll probally get the M107 rings so I don't have to look at a nice rifle and scope sitting in there seperate boxes instead of out on a range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cruzie27</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When it comes down to it, I'll probally get the M107 rings so I don't have to look at a nice rifle and scope sitting in there seperate boxes instead of out on a range.</div></div>

Hehehe, I hate when that happens!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuhr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is yet not in serial production, but would that work for you.? 30 MOA and 1,88" high.
img4abd0e7740cf8.jpg

Those are 30MOA and 1,45" high
img4abcfd5e31810.jpg

Or is the tilt to low? should it be more for the .50 guns?
Any other opions how it should be better?

There is a also discusion in the thread at
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1352653#Post1352653

Regards Håkan </div></div>

Holy Krap!

Those things are built like Mack trucks,.. I like it.

Something like that should work especially the 1.45" one, not sure if I need the extra MOA because the rail on the Barrett M82a1 comes from the factory with a 27 MOA taper already built into it. I'll have to look at the links you posted after I get back from work today.

I think after my next trip over I am going to try and pick up a M99 in .416 Barrett.