• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

350 grain .375 SMKs

mrjimsfc

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2011
Centerville, Utah
I've been trying to find the G1 BC and G7 BC of the 350 grain .375 SMK. Ran a search but no info. Sierra doesn't even list that bullet in their charts. They load this bullet as factory ammo for Cheytac so there must be data someplace. Just a wild guess would put the G1 at about 0.85 and the G7 at about 0.42 but guesses don't really help much. What is it they say? "Garbage in garbage out"?

Re: 350 grain .375 SMKs

Come-on guys! Somebody's got to know.
crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Plinker625</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sure why contact Sierra and get it from horses mouth! </div></div>
OK!!! From the horses mouth! "<span style="font-style: italic">We developed that bullet as an OEM product for Cheytac and never ran any tests on it for BC</span>." In other words, <span style="font-weight: bold">Sierra doesn't know</span>. They don't have a G1 BC and never test for a G7 BC anyway. I can't imagine that the people over at Cheytac didn't run the tests and publish them somewhere. Somebody has to know where the info is and what it is. Members of the "Hide" are the most knowledgeable people around. The people who know this stuff just haven't read this thread yet.

Thanks Bob! I got the answer of 0.78 from Jamison and read the post you found too. I'll be using the 0.749 G1 BC for my comps. It's not a great BC compared to the Rocky Mountain bullet 370 grains and a BC of 0.926. The SMK costs less than half of the price for the RMs.