• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.350 Legend indoor loads

Hobbesy

Private
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2023
Uk
Hi all,

Very new here and I've just bought a .350 Legend in an AR platform with a 16" barrel.

I was wondering what type of bullets everyone uses, I believe the barrel has a 1 in 8 twist and the bullets HAVE to be lead or copper washed (no FMJ) as we can't use them at our indoor club.

I'm not worried about gas return as we aren't allowed semi auto rifles in centre fire. I'm looking at around the 1000 FPS mark and I'm normally using Tightgroup or Trailboss for my indoor loads.

TIA

Hi all,

Very new here and I've just bought a .350 Legend in an AR platform with a 16" barrel.

I was wondering what type of bullets everyone uses, I believe the barrel has a 1 in 8 twist and the bullets HAVE to be lead or copper washed (no FMJ) as we can't use them at our indoor club.

I'm not worried about gas return as we aren't allowed semi auto rifles in centre fire. I'm looking at around the 1000 FPS mark and I'm normally using Tightgroup or Trailboss for my indoor loads.

TIA

With that many restrictions, I suppose it doesn't matter. But if I were in your shoes, and you're just doing 1000fps indoor plinking loads, I would get some coated cast lead bullets.

I think .350 legend runs .357/.358 bullets so you should be able to get 125gr through 200gr coated cast.

Reactions: lash
Just checked, our our range allows up to 2150 FPS or 1496 foot pounds which ever is greater. It was more of the shape of bullet for smooth loading into the AR.

Last edited:
Just checked, our our range allows up to 2150 FPS or 1496 foot pounds which ever is greater. It was more of the shape of bullet for smooth loading into the AR.
What's the point of a non semi automatic AR 15? Why don't you just buy a bolt or lever rifle?

Reactions: ELCO82
Because I have bolt guns and lever guns and I like the AR chassis and the calibre was something new.

Also getting an upper in .300 Blackout for the same reason.

Reactions: lash and Gustav7
Because I have bolt guns and lever guns and I like the AR chassis and the calibre was something new.

Personally if I was not restricted on caliber for hunting, I wouldn’t even approach 350 Legend. It’s sole purpose was for deer hunting restrictions in Ohio(and other states).

I would go 300blk all the way. You’re in the UK so you should be able to get suppressors right? That takes 300blk to a whole new level too.

I don't understand the point of this. If you can't have a semi automatic centerfire, the AR is not going to do anything better than a bolt gun.

I don't understand the point of this. If you can't have a semi automatic centerfire, the AR is not going to do anything better than a bolt gun.
Sorry but if you don't understand then there's nothing I can say to make you, and to be honest the post has nothing to do with why I wanted one.

There's a big market in AR straight pull rifles in the UK Simple because we can't have semi auto centre fire ones. They come in various calibres from .223 to 458 Socom, 50 Beowulf.

I honestly thought an American would be over the moon with us Brits fighting to have any rifles we can get our hands on.

Sorry but if you don't understand then there's nothing I can say to make you, and to be honest the post has nothing to do with why I wanted one.

There's a big market in AR straight pull rifles in the UK Simple because we can't have semi auto centre fire ones. They come in various calibres from .223 to 458 Socom, 50 Beowulf.

I honestly thought an American would be over the moon with us Brits fighting to have any rifles we can get our hands on.
Just ignore it dude, some guys have literally never been outside their own state lol.

I really think you’d have more fun with a 300blk from a precision and versatility perspective. That is, if you can get a suppressor to make it more fun. I would imagine 223/556 brass wouldn’t be hard to get so you can make your own brass. And way easier to get precision based bullets for 300blk too, but you can also get coated lead for subsonic rounds, which are much cheaper than the match bullets

Wasn't trying to offend you, was legitimately curious what the point was because I can't see it doing anything better from a practical point of view. Glad you're doing everything you can over there to get your hands on any rifles you can.

Reactions: Hobbesy
Wasn't trying to offend you, was legitimately curious what the point was because I can't see it doing anything better from a practical point of view. Glad you're doing everything you can over there to get your hands on any rifles you can.
Sorry if I was being snappy, it was a spur of the moment order and I thought loading 180gn lead bullets would give me something to play with indoors then load FMJ for the outside ranges.

I'm having issues finding bullets that will actually load smoothly into the rifle at the moment hence being on here. I'm guessing you guys have had the calibre for the last few years, it's very new here.

Your 350 legend should have a 1 in 16 twist if the upper is factory . We put ten twist barrels on our bolt guns and shoot factory subsonic ammo suppressed . I wish there was subsonic reloading data out there for cheap 9mm bullets.