• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 350 Legend Information & Reloading

JohnInNH

Private
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2002
SWNH
I want to start a thread on this "New" cartridge.

I have been wanting a rimless 357 Maximum for 20+ years. Unfortunately the 350 Legend was not what I had expected.

For some reason this rifle cartridge is designed for pistol bullets. I wish it was .357" not .355" AND the twist should have been 1:12" not 1:16". Like my custom TC barrel I had made by MGM. A 357 MAX 1:12 at 16".

I am seriously considering building a pistol gas system upper and with a <16" barrel. But I want a .357 bore and the 1:12" twist.

My 357 MAX load data seems to work very well. (Reduce and work up for safety!).

A 257 gr Hunters lead gas checked bullet using 6.6 gr American Select power yields 970 fps out of a 16" Ruger American bolt gun.

With a Mystic-X it's very quiet. It hits HARD and double digit ES.

No extreme spread issues like the 300 BLK, or the head spacing problem that I have had with it, all to often. "CLICK" uggg.

The 350 Legend is a better mousetrap than the BLK and is perfect for suppressed work.

Last edited:
Reactions: tsu45
A word of caution. A 357 MAX will chamber in a 350 Legend bolt gun with a lot of force on the bolt, (Don't ask), and will not fire.

They look very similar and if mixed up will cause problems. I had one MAX round for comparison and it ended up in the Ruger American magazine. Both were loaded with the 257 gr Hunters bullet so looked almost the same.

so dumb question real quick. I've got a mystic-X coming (9mm) will a 350 work in this Can? I've thought about getting this in a bolt gun but wasn't sure?

Absolutely! I have a Mystic X myself an excellent can. Does a LOT! My most used can. I have the trilug adapter and put a trilug on most of my barrels.

I'm planning on sending it in for the Ti core upgrade.