• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes $3500 Budget Scope - Has this poll been done before? (POLL ADDED)

$3500 Budget Scope - Has this poll been done before? (POLL ADDED)

• Leupold 3.5-25X56 Mark 8

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Nightforce BEAST 5-25X56

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • Schmidt & Bender 5-25X56

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • Steiner 5-25X56

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Vortex 5-20X50 Razor HD

Votes: 7 15.9%

• Total voters

utnapishtim

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2008
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Leupold 3.5-25X56 Mark 8
Nightforce BEAST 5-25X56
Schmidt & Bender 5-25X56
Steiner 5-25X56
Vortex 5-20X50 Razor HD

This will be placed on a semi-customized FNH SPR .308. It will spend the vast majority of the time at the range and taking the bi-annual trip into the woods. Maybe a bit of Coyote hunting in the winter.

Which would you choose? Durability is important to me, as is a decent warranty, as I don't often like to spend this amount of money on a optic, so I want it to last.

Your opinions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks for nuking the previous thread while I was in the middle of my first reply.

The last two scope purchases I made were a S-B PMII 5-25x and a 3-20x, so there's my vote.

Had the Nightforce Beast been publicly available when I made those purchases, my answer would have likely been different.

I wish Kahles w/gen II MSR were on the list just to see how people vote. Also, if I were putting it on a .308 for "tactical" shooting I'm not sure I would be worrying about a range that went to 25 power. I know you said "the range", but your range set-up and purpose could be a variety of things.

Sorry about that E. Bryant Thank you for taking the time to respond anyway.

No problem. I was just mildly cranky when I hit "Post Reply" and the previous thread no longer existed. It's not like I lost a lot of deep thinking or anything ;)