• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision $3500 thermal

Jnull

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2020
Got a buddy looking to spend $3500 on a thermal, it’ll go on a 556 AR or 6.5cm bolt gun. Hunting areas are a mix of woods and open fields so shots anywhere from close to 300 yards max id say.

Ive had a pulsar trail XP50 for 5-6 years and it does everything I need it to do, luckily I’ve never experienced the wandering zero. The 1.6x low end is nice for the woods so maybe something with similar specs. Eurooptics has some pretty good discounts on thermion 2 units if those are worth looking at. Thanks for the input guys.

Iray has reduced MAP pricing their Rico 35mm 640 scope to $2999. It is a really good scope with a base mag of 2x. Check with the vendors on here and see who has one in stock. Just be sure to get the ADM mount too as the stock mount is awful and needs replacing.

I ran this past my Pulsar tech rep. He replied:

For $3,500 I would suggest the Thermion 2 XQ50 Pro Thermal Riflescope #PL76548 It’s a new release from last fall and is a #84X288 17 mircon and the pro version dropped from a 40 mK sensor to a sub 25mK and looks really good.
Classic shape of housing is ideal for all types of hunting and simplifies mounting. Designed from the ground up for ease of use, Thermion riflescopes mount to standard 30mm scope rings. No specialized tools or equipment are required.

Super sensitive thermal imaging sensor
Thermal imaging sensor with NETD <25mK value ensures perfect detail recognition even in the most severe weather conditions when thermal contrast is low. The smallest temperature differences in observed objects can be clearly visible during heavy rainfall, dense fog or cold mornings making it easy to recognize and identify the game and its features.

Fast aperture f1.0 germanium optics
Quality fast aperture germanium optics ensures optimal heat energy transmissivity minimizing noise and improving detail of observed scene.

Extreme detection range
High quality germanium optics coupled with an advanced thermal imaging sensor ensure an unprecedented detection range of up to 2.000 yards (1.800 metres) in, even in complete darkness.

Long battery life. Up to 10 hours on a single charge
Thermion 2 Pro riflescopes feature a unique combined battery system consisting of two rechargeable Li-ion batteries internal and external. External rechargeable battery can be hot swapped in a matter of seconds, providing additional time during the hunt.

Wi-Fi integration with iOS and Android devices. Stream Vision 2 application.
The built-in Wi-Fi module will connect the device with smartphones based on Android and iOS via the Stream Vision 2 mobile application. This combination provides a great opportunity, such as wireless update of the device software, transmission of images to the screen of a mobile device in real time, remote control of digital functions of the device and many others. Users registered in the application are provided with cloud storage space for photos and videos taken with a digital or thermal imaging device.

Recoil Rated up to .375 H&H, 12-Gauge and 9.3x64
Recoil rated up to 6,000 joules for flawless performance on larger calibers up to .375 H&H, 12-gauge and 9.3x64.

Variable magnification
The base magnification of Thermion 2 Pro riflescopes can be increased by means of digital zoom. Zoom changes either gradually in 2x steps or continuously offering the ideal ratio of magnification and visible field of view for specific situations.

Enhanced Wi-Fi connectivity with 2.4 / 5 GHz waveband support
In Thermion 2 PRO thermal imagers, the standard smartphone connection frequency range via a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi channel is complemented with an effective 5 GHz range. The 5 GHz connection offers better bandwidth, a faster data transfer rate, noise immunity and improved connection stability, resulting in more productive and easier operation of the thermal imager with a smartphone.

Zeroing profiles management
Store up to 5 zeroing profiles, with 10 distance coordinates each for varying situations, in internal memory for quick rifle change-outs and on-the-fly adjustments.

A selection of 10 reticle shapes in 9 colour modes
Thermions possess a wide array of shape and color customizable reticles, including static, ballistic and scalable reticles. 9 Color options help to optimize aiming for specific conditions.

Photo and video recording
Keep the best moments of observation and share them with your friends and hunting colleagues. One touch of a button is enough to capture an interesting moment or start recording a video. 16 GB of internal memory will give the ability to record many hours of video and tens of thousands of photos.

High-precision aiming in the «Picture-in-picture» mode
The “Picture-in-picture” function enables the shooter to display a high-precision zeroing frame. Taking only 10% of the total display area, the frame shows a magnified image of the target and reticle and allows the user to closely see the image in the aiming area and have visual control of the entire field of view at the same time.

High contrast HD AMOLED display
1024x768 HD AMOLED display has enhanced color rendering, power saving, a high contrast image and quick-response, providing clear and smooth images for on-the-move observation or in cold conditions.

A selection of 8 colour palettes
A choice of 8 colour palettes lets the user observe their field of view more effectively, allowing them to optimise the unit for specific tasks as well as react to changing observation conditions. White Hot, Black Hot and Red Hot are optimal for object detection, Rainbow and Ultramarine help increase chances for recognition & identification. Red Monochrome, Sepia and Violet are most suitable for long observation in the night.

Completely waterproof IPX7
With an IPX7 waterproof rating, the Thermion 2 PRO riflescopes work in conditions of high humidity and heavy rain and can withstand half an hour immersion in water to a depth of 1 meter.

Reactions: Jnull
Thanks for the suggestions guys I’ll have him check them out, although at a glance that specific Rico is out of stock everywhere I looked.

My iRay tech rep just replied

InfiRay Outdoor RICO MK1 640 2X 35mm Thermal Weapon Sight #RH35 on sale for $2,999.99

The RICO Series was built to do two things: Make the best image possible and be easy to use. The heart of the RICO Series features a high performance iRay Micro II core and an extremely high contrast AMOLED HD display. RICO takes its image processing one step further with Advanced Image Correction and Automatic Image Optimization courtesy of the MATRIX III image algorithm. Unmatched image quality paired with an intuitive and easy to use interface, picture-in-picture function, 6-hour run time, aluminum alloy housing, 1000 G shock resistance and 32 Gb of internal memory gives you all the tools you need to take your hunt to the next level.

The RICO Mk1 series sets itself apart with iRay's incredibly powerful MATRIX III image processing algorithm. The system is optically and electronically optimized and produces an image that pushes the boundaries of log-wave infrared image clarity.

A high quality and efficient li-ion 3.7 V, 4400 mAh battery pack operates the Mk1 for a minimum of 6 hours, and up to 10 hours on standby. The battery can be quickly removed and replaced with a new with external power connected to the USB-C connector if you don’t want to power off.

12 Micron
6 Hour Battery Life
Onboard Recording
5-Year Warranty
Instant Standby

My iRay tech rep just replied

InfiRay Outdoor RICO MK1 640 2X 35mm Thermal Weapon Sight #RH35 on sale for $2,999.99

The RICO Series was built to do two things: Make the best image possible and be easy to use. The heart of the RICO Series features a high performance iRay Micro II core and an extremely high contrast AMOLED HD display. RICO takes its image processing one step further with Advanced Image Correction and Automatic Image Optimization courtesy of the MATRIX III image algorithm. Unmatched image quality paired with an intuitive and easy to use interface, picture-in-picture function, 6-hour run time, aluminum alloy housing, 1000 G shock resistance and 32 Gb of internal memory gives you all the tools you need to take your hunt to the next level.

The RICO Mk1 series sets itself apart with iRay's incredibly powerful MATRIX III image processing algorithm. The system is optically and electronically optimized and produces an image that pushes the boundaries of log-wave infrared image clarity.

A high quality and efficient li-ion 3.7 V, 4400 mAh battery pack operates the Mk1 for a minimum of 6 hours, and up to 10 hours on standby. The battery can be quickly removed and replaced with a new with external power connected to the USB-C connector if you don’t want to power off.

12 Micron
6 Hour Battery Life
Onboard Recording
5-Year Warranty
Instant Standby

Of the two you listed which would you recommend? Is the pulsar worth an extra $500?

Like a good and knowledgeable friend once told me. Today white cow best, tomorrow brown cow best, day after spotted cow best.

So my take away from that is pick the one that when you get the milk, she don't kick you, the milk tastes good and she don't cost too much to purchase or feed. :LOL:

Hmmm, come to think of it, that's pretty good advice with the womens too. :)

We will have the iRay back in stock in the next couple of weeks. The iRay specs better than the Pulsar and is less $$$$
Key Features
  • 640x480 Resolution Sensor
  • Internal Video Recording with Audio
  • WIFI Connectivity to InfiRay Outdoor App
  • 8 hour battery life
  • 2x-8x Magnification
  • 5 Year Warranty - One week turnaround guarantee
  • 1750 Yard Detection Range
If you want the iRay give a call so we can write one up for you to secure one of the incoming inventory

Reactions: Jnull
We will have the iRay back in stock in the next couple of weeks. The iRay specs better than the Pulsar and is less $$$$
Key Features
  • 8 hour battery life
  • 2x-8x Magnification
If you want the iRay give a call so we can write one up for you to secure one of the incoming inventory

This is for one of my buddies, im still rocking a trail xp50 that’s been great to me. I’ll let him know tho thank you.

Reactions: gr8fuldoug
Iray has reduced MAP pricing their Rico 35mm 640 scope to $2999. It is a really good scope with a base mag of 2x. Check with the vendors on here and see who has one in stock. Just be sure to get the ADM mount too as the stock mount is awful and needs replacing.

Figured I’d update this, my buddy ordered the Rico and adm mount from camera land. Took a few weeks to come in but he’s had it about a week and he loves it. We went out last night and without him doing hardly any setup it looks great. I’m sure fine tuning things it will look even better.

Reactions: BamaSE
Amazon has the new AGM Rattler TS50-640 on sale for only $3395 (normally $3995). Hell of a deal. Hell of a thermal from what I've read. That's what i'll be ordering soon.

Key Features
  • 8 hour battery life
  • 2x-8x Magnification
Match the 2999 and I’ll take one

• Haha
Reactions: FuhQ
Match the 2999 and I’ll take one
Yesterday Amazon had the AGM Rattler TS50-640 on sale for $3225…. I couldn’t resist, as that’s basically dealer cost on it. Normal retail prices between $3800-4000, List is well over $4K. Unfortunately prices have gone back up, since that was a cyber Monday special. But for that steal of a deal, I couldn’t pass it up.