• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

375/408 Custom question

Re: 375/408 Custom question

They Will have 1.650's and 1.450's in repeaters and I have a 1.450 on order. Also, Shilen has barrels for 375. just ask for the special contour from travis' orders for .375 barrels

Lawton Machine for all your .408 & .375 barrel and receiver needs.
They can supply the complete barreled action. Lots of experience with both.
Their muzzle brake is extremely effective for either caliber.
Excellent products and great to deal with.

Kyler,

your options are going to be greatly reduced due to your location. Here are a couple things you may want to decide on before finding components to use for your build.

1. What projectile you plan on using?
2. Finding component companies that can export to you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THUNDERBOLT68</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Shilen has barrels for 375. just ask for the special contour from travis' orders for .375 barrels</div></div>

I would tend to sway from the shilen barrels. The contour means nothing when the rifling profile used is not best suitable profile for solid projectiles.

Thanks

Kyler,

Listen to Later. He is offering sage advice. While there are an increasing number of manufactures offering actions suitable for the 408 case, you will need one who can export to you. Your choice of barrel and twist will depend on your choice of bullet (again what you can get your hands on). Do your research.

Scott

Later, saw your web site. really cool. I am asking this, not from a I do not believe point, but from I want to learn. Why did you say," not to go with shilen for 375 Chey- Tac."

TB,

If you do decide to use the 350 gr. solid projectile, it requires a specific bore/groove dimension. Shilen does not offer that. You would have to go to Lawton for that.

Scott

Well, I do not think I am going to use the solids, I have 300 of the sierra's 350 match kings. I am building it to take a caribou at 1500 yrds. do you think that the smk's are good for that.

thanks for the replies guys.

Later and Scott thanks for reminding me that i live in canada haha. Sometimes it takes me twice as much planing/money to get my hands on US products. But good point, i will first see how to get the bullets cases and reloading equipment before i buy the custom rifle parts.

so for .375 caliber, 350 grain solid copper bullet and 408 Cheytac brass from jamison international. these actions will work?

1. Barnard P-Chey
2. Lawton 8000
3. Lawton 8500
4. Lawton 7000

its for a single shot

Jamison also do .375CT brass, would save you having to neck down the .408CT brass.
My rifle's being built on a Barnard P-Chey action with a Lilja 1:10" twist... Should hopefully have it finished in about 4 months.... It's a while to wait, but at least I can get the money together for all the goodies I need on it!

Cheers, Cameron

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THUNDERBOLT68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, I do not think I am going to use the solids, I have 300 of the sierra's 350 match kings. I am building it to take a caribou at 1500 yrds. do you think that the smk's are good for that. </div></div>

Yes. The SMKs for the 338s and 375s are showing good terminal ballistics. I wouldn't hesitate to use them.

only other shooter i know who is also named Kyler... this is awsome...

Kyler,

The Lawton 8500 for a single-shot, or the 8000 for a repeater.

Just PM Bobby (NotAGuru) and he will set you up. Better yet, call him at the shop. He has a shit ton of info, and is really cool about sharing it.

-Pat