• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

375 actions?

xdeano

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2005
North Dakota
So whats all out there?
What ive found;
Bat EX
Bat EX-S
Stiller
JJ Rock

What else is out there?
Looking for a 375/408 head action.

Xdeano

Oh and that leads me to stock mfgs to hold a extra large action.

I know cadex makes a chassis for the JJ Rock and stiller

Id imagine manners and McMillan both inlet for the bat and stiller.

Anyone else?
Xdeano

McMillan is able to inlet the JJ Roclk XL action as well, they may not have it listed on their web but yes they can.

Oneshot.onehit
JH

Dont forget Borden and Pierce. Both have new additions to the market that may not be widely publicized yet.

Reactions: DAVETOOLEY
JJ Rock Co. XL action is the way to go. Single shot or repeater, chassis or stock, it’s probably one of the slickest XL actions available and fabulously accurate platform to build off for .375 goodness.

Reactions: Milepost
JJ Rock Co. XL action is the way to go. Single shot or repeater, chassis or stock, it’s probably one of the slickest XL actions available and fabulously accurate platform to build off for .375 goodness.

I agree that the JJ Rock XL action a great platform to build on but how much do they weigh? The Cadex Defense is also a very nice piece to build from. It weighs in at 3.8 lbs.

JJ Rock on top of a Mcmillan Beast. Built/designed like a tank by the best ... Rock McMillan.

Attachments

• B61EA066-B373-44BB-ABA7-D3337028C497.jpeg
    B61EA066-B373-44BB-ABA7-D3337028C497.jpeg
    280.1 KB · Views: 156
I agree that the JJ Rock XL action a great platform to build on but how much do they weigh? The Cadex Defense is also a very nice piece to build from. It weighs in at 3.8 lbs.

Off the top of my head I can’t remember what the action weights, but yeah it’s beefy. That said the .375 JJ Rock I ran last year at Ko2M weighed in at 27ish pounds with glass and bipod and was sporting a 29” barrel. If you go CF you can get down to 22-23 pounds.

Reactions: xdeano
Pacific Tool makes a CheyTac action and so does Barnard

Reactions: xdeano
Off the top of my head I can’t remember what the action weights, but yeah it’s beefy. That said the .375 JJ Rock I ran last year at Ko2M weighed in at 27ish pounds with glass and bipod and was sporting a 29” barrel. If you go CF you can get down to 22-23 pounds.

Thats really not to bad for weight. My 338 norma weighs 19lbs, scoped, loaded ans suppressed.

Xdeano

one of the finest cheytac action on the market the Pierce 10x makes the stiller look sad the 10x is super strong hand tuned and timed after building on one ill never look back .

Is the Borden action on his website yet?
I can't find it.

Hi,

Are you looking for single shot or repeater?

Barnard makes a great single shot.

Sincerely,
Theis

At least they did. The PL has not been available here in the US for some time. I'm not sure if they make that version anymore or not (I don't think so?). But they are certainly missing out none the less given the 375 craze of today. I have been waiting for a response from them about a few other details and will inquire as to the possibilities of a re-birth.

At least they did. The PL has not been available here in the US for some time. I'm not sure if they make that version anymore or not (I don't think so?). But they are certainly missing out none the less given the 375 craze of today. I have been waiting for a response from them about a few other details and will inquire as to the possibilities of a re-birth.

Hi,

Whidden has the PL and PLM listed on their website but they do not have the P-Chey listed.......

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Whidden has the PL and PLM listed on their website but they do not have the P-Chey listed.......

Sincerely,
Theis
P-Chey is what I meant to say. It comes down to the question of demand with regard to how many are brought in, and I think they were simply early to the market when they introduced it. Now that the 375's are as popular as they are, I'd think there should be some interest in bringing them back.

Just received this email from Jim Borden

It is not there yet. Still working on the fixtures to make them in production. Lapua based actions will be on site by end of month. The Cheytac probably spring time.

Thanks for all the info guys. There are a few more options available than I thought. Keep the info coming.
Xdeano

What size breech (barrel) do these actions require?

1.45...????
Bigger than 1.45???

depends on manufactor , action and tenon size most of the cheytac actions need a 1.300 to 1.450 shank or larger

what are the advantages / disadvantages of 1.6 or 1.5 or 1.45?

I have a jj rock on the way

what are the advantages / disadvantages of 1.6 or 1.5 or 1.45?

I have a jj rock on the way
what is your jj rock tennon size what you need is a barrel that is about .150 larger in diameter then the tennon up to the diameter of the o.d. of your action. the bigger the diameter the shank the stuffer the shank. It will heavier, stiffer, possible more accurate and handle more pressure. dis advantage heavier cost a little more for the barrel and lots of gunsmiths have limits on diameter due to spindle bore diameter on lathe and are scared or don't know how to chamber off a steady rest accurately . check with your gunsmith first and make sure he can do it.

So what are you guys clambering in? 375 cheytac, 408, 416 etc? I was looking at the 37xc or 375 mercenary. I was also told to hold out for something coming from Australia, that should be coming in a few months.

Deano

The Tac408 actions from Stiller and the B66 Destroyer from Pacific Tool come in 1.450 and 1.600 diameter so the barrels are usually 1.450 or 1.600
On the bigger actions like the BAT or McMillans the tenon is 1.500 inches so all of the 50 BMG shooters are using 1.750 or 2 inch barrels.
Top picture is a fully tricked out 700 Remington wearing a 1.750 barrel 34 inches long.
Second picture is the tenon on a BAT model "L"
Third picture is a BAT EX in 510 DTC
Next to a McMillan in 375/50 BMG
Fourth picture is a Pacific Tool B66 Destroyer next to a couple 700 long actions.
Fifth picture is a 2 inch BAT next to some 700's for comparison.

Attachments

• 21312.jpeg
    21312.jpeg
    25.2 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_20180702_151054667.jpg
    IMG_20180702_151054667.jpg
    593.6 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_20180702_191425180.jpg
    IMG_20180702_191425180.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_20170611_084153628.jpg
    IMG_20170611_084153628.jpg
    514.2 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_20160128_131843615.jpg
    IMG_20160128_131843615.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 142
So what are you guys clambering in? 375 cheytac, 408, 416 etc? I was looking at the 37xc or 375 mercenary. I was also told to hold out for something coming from Australia, that should be coming in a few months.

Deano
what the revised mercenary on quality brass that he should have made and was paid for the first time . nothing from that country brass wise is worth wasting time with . you want something good for your action stay tuned soon swamplord an i will introduce the Nemesis case . USA made quality brass

what the revised mercenary on quality brass that he should have made and was paid for the first time . nothing from that country brass wise is worth wasting time with . you want something good for your action stay tuned soon swamplord an i will introduce the Nemesis case . USA made quality brass

You've got my attention, I'm all ears.
I'd like to hear more.
Deano

I can't speak for him but I tried the Bertram CheyTac brass and it's very soft.

My 375 Mercenary /400 Warlord build is on a Pierce action, being built by the man himself, Mr. John Pierce ....
probably the strongest action for the 375 CT sized cartridges,

I would agree that waiting on Bertram brass is an exercise in futility, we wasted nearly 2 years of time with that awfully weak brass and are now back to square one with the 375 Mercenary cartridge, after personally testing and burning through 100 pcs of brass in a once fired and throw away scenario and receiving multiple reports from pissed off shooters, we concluded the Bertram made 375 Mercenary brass was a one use prophylactic, you shoot once and dispose of it, we reached out to Bertram to correct the weak brass issue so we can initiate a second run of brass but no response was ever received and concluded that he wasn't interested in replacing his defective product, the take the $$money$$ and run was a sad state of affairs, but we are moving forward after that terrible, yuge unneccesary easily correctible (by an honorable and responsible mfg) setback

as such, we will be having super tough brass made here in the United States, getting my finances in order after the new year and will have a batch produced for myself and a few local guys with completed and ongoing builds,

Once the brass is tested and we are satisfied, I will release the 375 Mercenary to the public domain where everybody in the world has access to the reamers, prints and brass... and that included the 338, 408 and 416 Mercenary cartridges as well

Pro Martusheff

IMG_1592.JPG

Reactions: BCX and xdeano