• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

375 Allen Mag Vs. 375 Viersco Magnum

AIorBust

Private
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2012
I'm looking into my next rifle. My requirements are for it to be capable of shooting 1/2 MOA at 2500 yards on a clear and fine day. Yes they do exist.
I would like it to be a repeater.

The 375 has my attention because the bullet remains supersonic past 3000 Yards and still packs a punch at extreme ranges. If anyone has any first hand experience with either of these I would appreciate their thoughts.

Info on the 375 AM can be found here.

http://apsrifles.com/Allen_Magnum_Wildcats.html

Info on the VM can be found here

http://www.blackdiamondrifles.com/375_Viersco_Magnum.html

Re: 375 Allen Mag Vs. 375 Viersco Magnum

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EODWay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My requirements are for it to be capable of shooting 1/2 MOA at 2500 yards <span style="font-weight: bold">on a clear and fine day</span>. Yes they do exist.
I would like it to be a repeater.</div></div>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nz5DLO8fclA"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nz5DLO8fclA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Barbara has one. It's like <span style="font-style: italic">butter!</span>

why do you need a repeater? by the time you see (or don't see) splash, make a correction and fire again at 2500 yards, you can grab a cartridge from the box and manually load it no problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EODWay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm looking into my next rifle. My requirements are for it to be capable of shooting 1/2 MOA at 2500 yards on a clear and fine day. Yes they do exist.
I would like it to be a repeater.

The 375 has my attention because the bullet remains supersonic past 3000 Yards and still packs a punch at extreme ranges. If anyone has any first hand experience with either of these I would appreciate their thoughts.

Info on the 375 AM can be found here.

http://apsrifles.com/Allen_Magnum_Wildcats.html

Info on the VM can be found here

http://www.blackdiamondrifles.com/375_Viersco_Magnum.html </div></div>

Is that u CKA

Firstly you might wont to look at how much you wont to spend, the finished weight of the build, the ranges you intend to shoot and its barrel life. The smaller 375s with a high BC bullet can be built pritty light with great long range shooter with long barrel life. Next the 375-408 imp with say a ctting edge 400gr BC .960 3050fps will get you very close to 3000 yards with not to bad barrel life if you don't get carried away weighing about 17-20 pounds and lastly the 375VM shooting a 400gr cutting edge at 3200+fps (32 inch barrels)will get you to 3000yard but will need a big action with the build weighing 25-50 pounds, its barrel life will still be okay if you keep the round count downto a min.

1/2 MOA at 2500yds.The problem is the shooter and ammo. I have shot out to 2449yds with success but no shooter in the world has perfect reloads and can adjust for conditions at that far everytime. Hitting targets that far is possible but if somebody says they can build a rifle that will do it, make them prove it, ain`t gonna happen!

Let me know when you get it built. I still have 5000 USD if you want to play.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Augustus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let me know when you get it built. I still have 5000 USD if you want to play. </div></div>

Obviously he hasn't taken you up on your offer because he hasn't found just the right builder / rifle combination. After all, everyone knows that all it takes to shoot half MOA at 2500 yards is a good rifle.

At 1,000 yards I would be taking your money all morning long (before the wind picks up) with my 300 WM.

What I want is a high BC bullet flying over 3,200 that takes a lot of the wind out of the equation.

The 375 VM or 375 AM needs about 30% less dope for the wind. To me that translates into me being 30% more likely to hit the target at distance. 1,000 yards is great but what I'm really looking for is 2,000 yards.

When you wake up early before the wind picks up nailing good group is a lot easier than doing the same in the afternoon when the wind is more unpredictable.

A couple times I shot a 6" group at 1500 yards with my 300WM and I want to do the same but more often and at longer distances. Because this is so hard to do makes me want to do it... Not just go about life saying it's impossible and finding a new hobby like bingo.

I Totally understand your way of thinking! When people tell me that it can't be done it makes me try a whole lot harder!! Good luck with this build! I hope you post a range report when you get it finished!

... if you truly thought you could manage 1/2moa at 2500y , then you wouldn't be here asking us what we think.
HAHAHA 1/2 , youd be lucky to hold 1 moa , or even 2.

Hey I have an idea, why don't you, Dave, Kirby,and others pool your resources and build this wonder gun. Let me know when you get it ready, I'll meet you boys somewhere and we will play. Let me think on this a bit but I'm tempted to make you the same offer to you and your 300 WM at 1000yds. Where would we have to meet. The disk would shrink to 5 inches.