• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

375 caliber 350 grain Sierra's

Coyote3

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2008
Wyoming T.S.
Has anyone have any experience with these bullets? Saw them listed on Black Diamond rifles web site. What is the BC on these. Could they be used in a 375 Rum?? Just looking at some different options to the "CHEYTAC".

Re: 375 caliber 350 grain Sierra's

I looked on Sierra website and cant find anything bigger than 300.
Where did you find it?

Guys,

The 350gr 375dia projectile you are referring to is NOT available from Sierra. They were a "custom" batch made for Cheytac with Sierra unable to provide anyone with any information on them. To sierra it is like they did not even make them when you call them for any information.

IIRC the BC is somewhere between .82 to .9. Contact "Notaguru" and/or Steve123 via PM and ask him the information on them. I have not used them in my 375/408s and really do not plan too lol.

Thanks

Then what were they designed for if a person won't shoot them in a chey tac. The 375 Snipe-Tac is designed to shoot them. What difference is there between it and a CheyTac????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Coyote3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Then what were they designed for if a person won't shoot them in a chey tac. The 375 Snipe-Tac is designed to shoot them. What difference is there between it and a CheyTac???? </div></div>

Google dude! should be able to find all the info you need and probably a link to this site.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Coyote3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Then what were they designed for if a person won't shoot them in a chey tac. The 375 Snipe-Tac is designed to shoot them. What difference is there between it and a CheyTac????</div></div>

No one said that people will not shoot them in a Cheytac, said that "I" am not and will not lol. That is what they were built and marketed for in regards to get people interested in the 375/408 but not have to spend the money on solid projectiles.

The difference in 375/408 and 375 Snipe-Tac is a 35degree shoulder on the Snipe-Tac.

Thanks

Used in a 375RUM I imagine you will be getting around 2700fps.

Whether they would stay stabilized at distance or not is the question.We have 11.5 twists in our 375CT's.

I read a report over at LRhunting about a 375AM.He had reported a BC of .78-.79.

They did not shoot good in both mine and my friends 375CT's.I think the reason why is we both have oversized bores cut for solids but can't say for sure because other people have had success with them.

Steve