• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report 375 Chey Tac, 375 EnABLER, 408 Or 50

Max Owner

Private
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2008
Canadian, eh.
Hey all.

Was gonna buy a 50. Then 408 Chey Tac came up in conversation. Then 375 Chey Tac and now the EnABLER.

Will be a Cadex Defense rifle.

But caliber has me thinking. You guys in the States get all the cool stuff that isn't readily available up here in Canada.

Looking for best opinions. I have access to 2600 yards. Will look for more when rifle is close to showing up. I'm just an amateur target shooter

I'm just an amateur target shooter

Yer prolly not gonna like this, but... :) I would definitely start smaller. 6.5CM is a very forgiving caliber. 25CM....224 Valkyrie....others are all excellent rounds that easily reach past 1,000. You'll want to get that "dialed in" before you ever begin to worry about 1 mile+.

And (if you don't already do so) get into reloading. You'll need to in order to maximize the potential of that Cadex.

Beyond that.... All the calibers you mention will pound your bank account.

For instance, my 338 Norma.... 20 rounds of factory ammo is $100 or more. I can load it myself for about $1.00 a round. For 0.36-38 MoA.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: DIBBS
I have a 6.5 Creedmoor and several 308s. Set up for reloading but haven’t done much of it, yet.
I have concerns about the EnABELR not catching on. Or being able to get components in Canada. Chey Tac does the same except be able to mag feed which is a none issue for me.

Reactions: garandman
I'll just say.... you referenced being an "amateur" shooter....

I've got thousands of rounds hand loaded, and prolly near 10,000 rounds down range. I'm not a pro, but more than an amateur.

My 338 Norma is more gun than I need, more than I really want to handle. Only gun purchase I have had second thoughts about / regret.

Good luck with yoru decision. I really can't stress enuf.... get your reloading hobby going. It changes everything.

Hi,

IMO I do not see why the "magazine feed" debate/argument is even a topic of conversation in regards to cartridge this vs cartridge that.

The EnABLer is a solution to a non existent problem. Its very premise of "ability to feed from magazine" is negated by picking a larger receiver :)

Build 375 CTs on a BMG receiver, modify BMG magazine and wam, bam, thank you ma'am......
You then can push the 375CT harder, faster and magazine feed (For most projectiles...I can find some super heavies/longs that would't if I wanted to).

The CTs were originally intended to be built on BMG receivers anyways...that was the reason the ORIGINAL 408CT with 419gr solid was at 3150fps and the production design was 2950fps or something like that...because they decided to go with "dedicated" receiver size and downsized from the BMG receiver.

Sincerely,
Theis

Thanx for the replies.

375 is it.

CheyTac or EnABELR now..... Cadex has not officially announced EnABELR yet. But its coming.

Taking a look to the 37XC, is worth the time. David indeed came up with a sound design and top performance. It's a great design to be ignored, same goes for the 33XC. His write up sheds a lot of light into the WHY and HOW

Last edited:
I have a 32" 1:7 twist shadow as well. I'm shooting the cutting edge 400 grain lasers. I am shooting suppressed though, so I encountered high pressure at 132-134 grains of Retumbo. You should find an accuracy node around 125-127 grains and then again around 129-132 grains. I'm using Peterson brass and gm215m primers.
IMG_20190615_135513542.jpg

I use the Redding big boss 2 with whidden dies. I've learned mostly by reading here and trial and error over the last year or so. I'm also loading for a couple other rifles in 375 and 408 and have tried H50bmg, US869, Reloader 33 and 50 but always come back to the Retumbo load for temp stability and accuracy.

Last edited:
I will have my new AB made 375 CT dies on Monday and i got my N570 last Friday. I am going to work up a load for 402 CE with the N570 and see what i get for accuracy ES and AVG FPS. After this weekend all my brass will have been fired 1 time

Reactions: camotoe
What brass are you guys using?

Petersen seems to be the only stuff I find in recent Google ing. Few years ago Bertram and another did 375 brass?

Peterson! I've not been able to wear any out yet! Annealing every loading with AMP.