• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

375 CheyTac 1 in 10.5 Twist and Berger 379/407 VLD Solids

wooferocau

Private
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2010
Victoria,Australia
Anyone used the Berger 379gr and 407gr Match Solids in the Desert Tech HTI with its 1 in 10.5 twist?

Took a punt and purchased a large quantity of these as 375 projectiles are VERY scarce here in Aus.

Have conflicting info/opinion on whether the 1 in 10.5 twist may or may not be fast enough??

Thanks for any input..

Hi,
I would think your twist rate would be way to slow for the Bergers I see they require a 1 in 8 .
Most solids run even better with a faster twist than recommended.
Cutting Edge recommends a even faster than their normal recommended twist if shooting them transonic.

Berger's stability calculator shows you'd be 'okay at best' if you're at 5,000 elevation and 3k fps with the 379gr. the 407s look like a really bad idea

the 379gr might shoot okay even if they lose a little BC

depending how many you bought it might be money well spent to get a new barrel versus waste them on an iffy result

Berger's stability calculator shows you'd be 'okay at best' if you're at 5,000 elevation and 3k fps with the 379gr. the 407s look like a really bad idea

the 379gr might shoot okay even if they lose a little BC

depending how many you bought it might be money well spent to get a new barrel versus waste them on an iffy result
Yeah about $8k,s worth ..

• Wow
Reactions: b6graham
I shot the 379gn through a 1-8" barrel for Ko2M because you need that level of stability to get a long mono through trans.

I plan on running the Berger 407s in my CT with a 7.75"-7" gain twist when I get it back from the smith next month. I too am curious how they will perform against the CEB 400 Lazers