• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

375 Cheytac bullet seater die for 400 grain Cutting Edge Lazer bullets

Lightning Torpedo

Private
Minuteman
May 26, 2017
We are reloading 375 Cheytac Ammo. We have a Whidden bullet seater die and it works great for 350 Sierras. But, the 400 grain CE Lazers are too long to fit when set up as instructed by Whidden (1/4 turn up) Picture attached

To get the 400gr Lazer to fit, we have the seater almost all the way unscrewed. Sorry no pictures...

We are currently working with Whidden to come up with a solution. (Longer die I assume.)

BUT.... I got to thinking.... maybe a solution has already been made??

Note- reached out to Cutting Edge. They recommend Whidden or Redding. Redding is closed this week for hunting and Thanksgiving. So, I am not sure if they have a seater that will work.

If you are reloading 400 grain CE Lazers for your 375
-what seater are you using?
-Or are you adjusting up the “standard” die to fit?

Thank you for suggestions and advice!

Semper Fi,
Mark

Attachments

• D55FCF3A-FEDB-4B3B-BFD7-7B09FF58C8EA.jpeg
    D55FCF3A-FEDB-4B3B-BFD7-7B09FF58C8EA.jpeg
    264 KB · Views: 42
I'm waiting on mine also. Got the inserts for 1.25 die that work with 350 grainers and the 380 range bullet that they built, and hopefully soon, "a new die", taller maybe ?

Would have to change presses to go to the 1.5" die, kinda wish now I hadn't sold the 50.....with the press... but...

We just heard from Whidden. They are sending us out a new prototype Bullet Seater top and stem.

They have had great customer service and a quick response. Especially, with it being a holiday weekend!

We will post an update after we have done some testing.

Semper Fi,
Mark

please post your findings, just received my dies about two weeks ago- going to have to do something to make these useable.

please post your findings, just received my dies about two weeks ago- going to have to do something to make these useable.

I will post update as soon as possible.

In the meantime you may wanna raise entire bullets seater up. That is what we are doing to get by...