• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

375 Cheytac dies

Moonraker

Private
Minuteman
Jul 15, 2007
Gridley, CA
Are there any production dies for a .375CT or are they custom made only? While I wait for my cheytac to get built, I'm putting together all of the stuff I need to reload the round. So far I've found the brass, bullets, powder, primers, etc. but I'm not sure what dies to get. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: 375 Cheytac dies

You can get them from either Lawton or CH4D. You will also need a press that will accept these larger dies. The RCBS Rockchucker will work - you just need to remove the die insert at the top and these dies should screw right in.
Len

What brass did ya buy? I've got some Bertam brass and my Lawton FL die won't work, neck thickness of bertam brass meas. .012 x 2=.024 +.375= .399 /Lawton die measured .400, bullet would just slid in the neck. Have two fixes, Jamison brass meas. .015 which worked with the Lawton dies. CH4D made me a 375CT neck sizing bushing die w/.396 bushing for the Bertam brass, kind of pricey $263 w/ 2 bushings. Now to get busy working up a load.

You can get them from either Lawton or CH4D. You will also need a press that will accept these larger dies. The RCBS Rockchucker will work - you just need to remove the die insert at the top and these dies should screw right in.
Len

NOT CH4D! Stay away from them! I used to stand behind them, now I wouldn't let them pay me to use their shit.

And for a single stage press, get the AmmoMaster and get the dies cut large to fit it. It also takes inserts so smaller dies can be used. These rounds can take a lot of torque, you'll want a stronger press. Or a similar setup. Trust me. If you want to speed things up and need it for the volume, the Dillon BFR is what I use. The trimmer ALONE is worth it. They don't list .375 but I know they're making those calibers, so you may just need to call 'em.

The small single stage press you already have for smaller shit is great for other odd jobs, etc. I still use it despite using the BFR and a 650 mostly. But I wouldn't try and stuff a Cheytac in it.

Stay the fuck away from CH4D, far away. I've got a thread on here in Bearpit this summer about them (rape/attempted rape, not final yet) over seating stems on .50BMG dies. Bottom line, zero CS, zero morals, customer always wrong (accused me of also JB welding the goddamn stem to the die body!) won't come through on warranty, charged my card without my consent. Surprise! Then I get all these excuses, etc., when they saw I wasn't having it, then they turned brutal. Accusing me of shit, calling me names, you name it. DO NOT GO TO CH4D. They may offer some alluring prices on large caliber parts, but they're not equipped to service people like us.

If M2 is still in business, they're the best and if he can custom a .50 I'm sure he can make one in .375. They ain't cheap. You could also call Dillon and see if they know who makes 'em since they make the BFR press.

DEFINITELY call Cheytac! If anyone knows what quality dies work best, it should be the mfg. Or A quality mfg. that makes these. That's your best bet. For a rifle like that, they're gonna want a fired case so they can make a custom die for your rifle. That's what you want anyway, not an off the shelf one. That's what I'm using for .50 but it's an M2. Hoping like hell M2 is still making dies when I need 'em for this rifle.

Not sure of other large caliber die makers. There's more for .50 out there. Some stuff is better than others. Good large size dies ain't cheap either. I expect $1000 for a good seating die and probably $600 for a seater. I've got a custom decapper for .50 that cost me more now than it should dealing with CH4D. Man, you sure do get what you pay for and cheap shit costs more in the long run. These calibers are just expensive, get good shit so you can take advantage of it.

Good luck!

What brass did ya buy? I've got some Bertam brass and my Lawton FL die won't work, neck thickness of bertam brass meas. .012 x 2=.024 +.375= .399 /Lawton die measured .400, bullet would just slid in the neck. Have two fixes, Jamison brass meas. .015 which worked with the Lawton dies. CH4D made me a 375CT neck sizing bushing die w/.396 bushing for the Bertam brass, kind of pricey $263 w/ 2 bushings. Now to get busy working up a load.

God, just hope to fuck you never have to send it back for warranty work, or break off that decapping pin flush with the stem. I used to like 'em too. But they ain't worth it. Big rifle dies ain't cheap, but it's worth it to get good ones from a quality mfg. with a good reputation for CS and QC.

For big dies you have to call around. For smaller dies, I go with Forster. Always had stellar results with Forster. Wish they made big dies.

Hi,

This thread is 9 years old lolol.

BUT....I would suggest DEFINITELY do NOT call Cheytac for anything hahaha, if Cheytac knew what worked the best they would not be on something like their 8 ownership/company restructure/whatever you want to call it.

Anyone that has been in the ELR community knows the history.........

Sincerely,
Theis

Warner Tool - best dies out there. Send them 4-5 pieces of your fired brass. Yes, they're expensive - but you get what you pay for. If you anneal, you will be able to get a lot of firings and save money by not having to buy new brass.

Reactions: secondofangle
Before considering a .375CT I'd seriously weigh out with real analysis all the cons and pros of going with the .338 Improved with a 33" or 34" barrel. Most people will be surprised to see what a screamer it can be at a much lower cost and hassle.

Reactions: secondofangle
Do you make other wildcat dies? And how long does it take to get them?