• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

375 Cheytac Finished!!!!!!!!!!!!!

w_rigdon

Private
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2009
Louisiana
SDC10203.jpg

SDC10214.jpg

SDC10208.jpg

Re: 375 Cheytac Finished!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have specs?

Let me guess:

Lawton action single shot 8000. Lawton barrel 1:11.5" twist 29" with brake. Mcree folding stock. BO rings. Nightforce scope (hard to tell but 5.5-22x50)?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have specs?

Let me guess:

Lawton action single shot 8000. Lawton barrel 1:11.5" twist 29" with brake. Mcree folding stock. BO rings. Nightforce scope (hard to tell but 5.5-22x50)? </div></div>

Nightforce rings but every thing else your right on target.

Who did your build?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who did your build? </div></div>

Lawton done the barreled action. I took up the slack and put it all together.

you are going to love shooting that.
my buddies at benchmark have one, it is a blast. (no pun intended.)

Where in Louisiana you located..I love mine also..looks just like this but got a Premier Scope on top....You will like this machine...

Very nice love the stainlees,flutting,and break you will not be disapointed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wrigdon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who did your build? </div></div>

Lawton done the barreled action. I took up the slack and put it all together. </div></div>

Definitely save some money there. Good choice.

Very nice rig you got there.
Looking forward to your results.

Question: Why the 50mm NXS when you have room for a 56mm?
Is that a .40 moa base?

Cheers,

Mastr Diver

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Master Diver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice rig you got there.
Looking forward to your results.

Question: Why the 50mm NXS when you have room for a 56mm?
Is that a .40 moa base?

Cheers,

Mastr Diver </div></div>

Only a 20moa base for now going to swap it to the 40moa base. I got the 50mm NXS because of the good deal I got on it and that was all he had in stock. To put it another way I think it had been sitting for a while and the dealer wanted to get rid of it. I think he lost money on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wrigdon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Only a 20moa base for now going to swap it to the 40moa base... </div></div>

At what range are you able to zero with the 20MOA base?

all looks sweet except for the bipod... its the only cheap POS on an otherwise quality rig, the rifle deserves better...

375 projectiles, are inherently accurate. I tried to get Mark Serbu to build Me a 375X50BMG. All He said was, " maybe in the future. Overloaded with backorders. Your rig, should do You proud.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ropewalker1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">375 projectiles, are inherently accurate. I tried to get Mark Serbu to build Me a 375X50BMG. All He said was, " maybe in the future. Overloaded with backorders. Your rig, should do You proud.</div></div>

I also have the Serbu BMG 50. Simple gun but not a problem after 3,000 rounds. I would see him get into the 375 also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: groper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">all looks sweet except for the bipod... its the only cheap POS on an otherwise quality rig, the rifle deserves better...</div></div>

Sorry it's not up to your specks but my kids had to eat something. I accept paypal if you care to make a donation.

Now that you have all of that rifle, what do you plan on doing with it? Competition? Collector? To hunt? Protection from zombies?

Wade, nice rifle. You will have fun with it. The bi-pod will work fine. I have been running one of the Harris Type S for a while with no problems. I have been playing with a design after being inspired by a nifty little device that has been hanging on a piece of farm equipment for yrs. It will allow 360 degree rotation and will transverse laterally and vertically as much as needed.

I have a 338 Lapua Improved much like this, and I use a Harris too. Works great!

Gosh you need a trailer to huaul it around lol...lol...lol...
Nice set up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mtnhntr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check out snowymtnrifles.com</div></div>

Actually I have checked that place out is is LAST place I would conduct business with. These guys copied McRee Precision Generation ONE Stocks but didn't even have the knowledge to even attempt to make it look any different. Hell they even cut the exact same hole pattern and groove in the "rear" section of the stock, they even use the exact same cheek piece from the Generation 1 McRees Precision
smile.gif

Their action(s) are a direct copy of Lawton Machine also...

O and btw before you attempt to jump on and here and say I am wrong, know that Scott McRee has already talked to that shop and was told flat out that they got tired of waiting for Lawton actions so they just built one to match it. So take that for what it is worth
smile.gif

Thanks

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Except for that whole patent infringement law suit stuff....