• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

375 CT brass???

ViperACR

Private
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
What brand and where are you getting your 375 & 408 CT brass? I have some old Jamison brass and it seems to have to thin of a neck thickness to get any neck tention. It also is not very consistant in weight, so I am trying to get some help. I am just getting started with the CT chamberings so any help would be appriciated.

Re: 375 CT brass???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Paul@Trigger Time</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I did not know that Lapua was making CT brass. I will check that out. Thanks </div></div>
Let us know what you find out!

I don't think they are. It's not on their web site and I have never heard of them offering any.

Paul,
I use Jamison brass with a full length sizing die made by Al Warner (Warner Tool) and an in line seater from Dave Viers (Viersco). The brass is not the best but the other two are outstanding.
Hope this helps,
Len

2vvl7dg.jpg

This is a friend of mine who's name is Will Ross from Boulder, Wyoming. Will communicated to me that he was very satisfied with the quality of the Jamison .375 CT brass, regarding weight, tolerances, and repeat-ability. He is shooting a .375 Cheytac made by Lawton Machine on an 8500 action, and Lawton 1:10 twist Barrel. He was testing some of Cutting Edge's .375 - 350 grain bullets. This is Will's email and he said that he would be happy to communicate his findings with his .375. I use the Jamison .375 CT brass for my .338 Snipetac. and am very satisfied.

As long as you get the Jamison brass with two stars on the head stamp, you should be good to go. The pre-2007 Jamison brass was a bit soft and wouldn't last long. I also had trouble early on with Bertram brass. TTI Armory's .408 brass is awesome if you can find it as is Horneber's.

0481 is referring to me and it was Jamison not Lapua. 408 necks seem to be thicker so I neck down and then turn to get better uniform necks. I run a tight neck in my rig.

That was the other gun. Ha.! I have 100 Bertram brand new if someone wants to trade for brand new Jamison 2 star brass. I bought it from EDM arms a year ago. I would prefer to stay with one kind of brass. Headstamp is 408 cheytac VRI.

Paul,

It seems that the "arms race" for the new extreme long range match at NRAWC has begun. I suspect you will not be the only one with a 375. Team Thunder Beast should show up with something interesting.

Notyers and 0481... we need to duplicate that 0.75MOA at 2000 yards
wink.gif

Not going to match it. Going to beat it!!!! Looking for .5 - .25 moa. Go home or go small

Amazing group, just amazing. LIke around a 0.3 MOA group. Wow.

was just looking into those Cutting Edge bullets... looks like you have to run them really hot in order to achieve the necessary RPMs for accuracy. With my 10" twist according to their math, I need like 2900-3000fps on a 300 grain bullet. My Steyr can do that, I am sure, but that is a chamber pressure much much higher than normal.

Maybe the thing to do is shoot their 275 or 252 grain.... looks like an interesting solution for long range accuracy. Might have to try some.