• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.375 CT + SMK 350 grs load infos

ARMECA

Private
Minuteman
Sep 6, 2008
France
Hello,

Just seach some load infos for .375 CT ( Jamison "2 stars" brass ) + SMK 350 grs with VV powders.

What velocity can I expect with a 32" barrel ?

What is the advertised BC of these bullets ?

Thanks.

Re: .375 CT + SMK 350 grs load infos

http://www.exteriorballistics.com/

Read it and it will shine some light on Sierra's B.C. ratings for bullets. Basically, BC changes with bullet velocity, so an advertisted B.C. is not always an accurate representation of the projectile's drag, and there are different drag models for different bullets. i.e. G1 G5 G7 etc.

Can't comment on load data or velocities, but a 350gr SMK out of a 32" barrel should be fast...i'll wager around 3000-3150fps at the muzzle.

I got 3220 out of a 30 in. with 153 gr. US 869 primer cratered a little, no other signs of pressure. I started at 148 gr and worked up. I suggest anyone dealing with this or any other rd. follow the same procedure. BC over a 1000 yd stretch at that vel. was about .78. My 8 twist barrel didnt like the SMK so I didnt shoot them much.

Thanks for the answers.

I'll have a 12" twist barrel. Hope it will work !

NotaGuru and I just sent some 350SMK's out of my .375 CT improved with a Lawton 1:10.5, 32" barrel last week using 135 gr of Retumbo.

I did not set up my chrono but hope to in the next week or so and will report back info as I get it.

I have some 370 gr Rocky Mtn. I will be loading with about 132 gr. of Retumbo as well and will let you know what the results are.

Mojave, I have the same 10.5 tub on my rifle from Lawton and did some testing this past weekend. The 370gr. bullets with 130gr. retumbo shot an average of 2894 fps with sub min groups. I'll be doing some more testing this week and let you know.
I'm sure your rifle is the twin to my rifle....Bob told me he put another 10.5 tub on one about the same time.

Bulletsmith,

I created an "improved" version, but I have pushed the 370 grain Rocky Mountain bullets up to 137 grains in my version with no pressure signs at all. I suspect I will get to 140 grains of Retumbo. Did not have time to set up my chrono this weekend but maybe I can get it done this coming weekend.

FYI my case holds 173 gr. of water vs the brass lot I have was holding about 161.5 gr. of water in the stock version.

I will keep you posted on progress.