• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

375 Engraving-Band Copper Solid

Noel Carlson

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2008
General Announcement;

In the last few days there have been some design refinements to the ZA375/6.0-Cu, which add additional high-velocity stability.

There is a very good chance this projectile will stabilize in the standard 11.5" CheyTac exit-twist.

If you are interested, and not adverse to signing an NDA, e-mail me at [email protected] for specifics.

Best,
Noel

Re: 375 Engraving-Band Copper Solid

Mechanic,

The weight is 372 grains.

Tyler,

I am always hesitant to publish this number. The JBM program allows only simple geometric imputs to define the nose, and tail. The best approximation I can make given this limitation is a G1 value, at a MV of 3,500 fps, of 1.173.

I am comfortable that this projectile can attain up to, or closely appproximate, this velocity from the 408 case based on testing of the 6.5, and 7.0 caliber versions. It should be noted that the calculated stability factor is right at 1.0, but I expect a higher real world value due to the tail configuration.

Best,
Noel

What is the cost for your 7mm and 338 caliber solids? If you could PM me with some info I could be tempted into trying some depending on price.

Also interested in the 338s, what twist rates do you recommend with them? would 1-10 work?

Hey Noel, Let me know what the pricing structure is, I might give them a go.

Good move designing to the 11.5 twist LRB, I think it is here to stay. I hope you can come up with a bullet that likes it.

Ocherp,

Jasonk asked a similar question in a PM. I was going to hold off on this caliber, as expansion tests were conducted today on the hunting version of the 274.5 grain ZA338/6.0-Cu.

Detailed results, with photos, will be posted later on the .338 expansion properties.

The same revisions, and calculation caveats, of the 375 apply to the 338. The ZA338/6.0-Cu has a projected G1 ballistic coefficient of 1.059 @ 3,500 fps. A stability factor of 1.2 out of a 9.5" twist will likely be higher in actual testing, and it may very well fly stabily from a 1: 10" twist.

Best,
Noel

Noel,

I was talking to NotaGuru a couple hours ago and he told me about this thread so I wanted to jump in. I would be very interested in something that will work in my standard 1:10 bore. I expect to do some sighting-in late next week with some 350 SMK's for starters. I have been considering your 400 gr version down the road but it became clear that it would take re-barreling with an LGT barrel for those and I wanted to get started with the 1:10 version for now.

If you think your projectile will work in the 1:10 Lawton barrel I have no problem signing the NDA and putting my name on some projectiles to try out.

What is the timing of your first run? Thanks

Noel,

If you do a search for bullet design programs, you can find one that allows for more specific inputs. It is available as an excel file from Lilja. It can be found on the Lilja site under the Products & Services heading, click on the Computer Software tab. I haven't checked this against my real world data yet, so I can't speak to it's correlation.

Thanks sdswp5,

I will check into it.

Best,
Noel

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: .375Mojave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Noel,

I was talking to NotaGuru a couple hours ago and he told me about this thread so I wanted to jump in. I would be very interested in something that will work in my standard 1:10 bore. I expect to do some sighting-in late next week with some 350 SMK's for starters. I have been considering your 400 gr version down the road but it became clear that it would take re-barreling with an LGT barrel for those and I wanted to get started with the 1:10 version for now.

If you think your projectile will work in the 1:10 Lawton barrel I have no problem signing the NDA and putting my name on some projectiles to try out.

What is the timing of your first run? Thanks </div></div>

I have a 1:10.5 32" Lawton barrel on its way and will also test some of Noels Bullets in that barrel, That barrel is cut for SMK 350 grn and GS Custom 291 grn SP and other hunting bullets. I also have a LGT barrel in the works but it would be interesting to see if the ZA375/6.0 could work in a 1:10.5 barrel.

Cheers,

Master Diver