• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

375 for your windrunner!

jkkfam89

Minuteman
Feb 2, 2008
Bloomfield
I am getting some names together to see interest in having Bill R. at EDM Arms produce the 375 cheytac barrel. I know his son produces rounds for it also.

1. Me for Model 98

Re: 375 for your windrunner!

If you buy the reamers,barrel and gauges. Bill will do it,but I doubt he'll offer one as a option. For JGS reamers(?) and gauges it will cost you about 500. I think he's running rough reamers but I not sure.

I am interested in one. Spoke to his office early this morning. They currently don't offer 375 CT barrel and bolt. If you want the barrel, you have to buy the reamer which will cost $800, in addition to the barrel and GO/NO-Go gauges. They do offer the 408 CT in barrel and bolt for 2K. Must send the receiver in. Takes about minimum of 6 weeks.

If its 800 then he's using a rough reamer. With the equipment he has I don't know why he's using one yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe an allergy to anything that says CheyTac in the name? </div></div>

I know what you mean.

Or jewell triggers there's a story behind that one also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.

At least Bill's stories are worth listening too...</div></div>

True he does have some good ones.
So RT51 how's he doing? I know it has been a rough move. Has he started to work out the bugs?

Very true RT51. He always nice to talk to and he stands behind his guns and does what it takes to make it right.

here is Bill's responce to an email I sent about 375 barrels

You & your interested friends can buy reammers & no go gauges and barrels. We will make them for you. You can buy the brass from Keary Ritchie 909-307-8877.

Does any know if there are any other options?

I mean are there other manufacturers that would sell barrels? I figure for the bolt only EDM will sell them.

I've talked to randy dierks about doing putting a 375 barrel on my windrunner and he can. I have my 375 reamers + guages sitting there now. I have some 375 barrels in the safe but I think I'm just going to put them on my bat action. If you call bill he'll give you the contour drawing you'll need for the barrel maker. The barels are not going to be cheap as the breach end need to be larger than 1.75, I'd have to look at the drawing or measure it. For a example the last 375 barrel I bought from bartlein cost me 700+ because it had to be cut from 2+ inch stock.

Are you talking about the 408 caliber? I asked his office and they told me that bolt and barrel are going to be 2K plus the reamer $800 plus go and no go gauge, however much that will be. I am thinking just to go with the 408 CT, unless there is another avenue to get the 375 CT barrel and bolt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you talking about the 408 caliber? I asked his office and they told me that bolt and barrel are going to be 2K plus the reamer $800 plus go and no go gauge, however much that will be. I am thinking just to go with the 408 CT, unless there is another avenue to get the 375 CT barrel and bolt. </div></div>

Nope: we are speaking of the 375

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jkkfam89</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you talking about the 408 caliber? I asked his office and they told me that bolt and barrel are going to be 2K plus the reamer $800 plus go and no go gauge, however much that will be. I am thinking just to go with the 408 CT, unless there is another avenue to get the 375 CT barrel and bolt. </div></div>

Nope: we are speaking of the 375 </div></div>

I definitely can live with a ready to go barrel and bolt in 375 CT for 2K.