• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.375 Norma Magnum...

Kilmore

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2011
Utah
Anybody heard anything about the latest developments in the .375 Norma Magnum? Should be a cooker.

I couldn't wait so developed my own version... I own the reamer made for me by PT&G

my 375 PRO (375 Precision Rifled Ordnance) is a necked up, blown up to 35 degrees wildcat, based on the 338 Norma Mag case, also use 338 Lapua brass with neck cut off, sized down, fireformed via cow and 20 gr of Blue Dot, then neck turned

the 1st photo explains why I developed it......

just fire formed 30 pcs of 338 Norma cases using 75 gr of RL 19 and 300 gr Sierra Game King bullets jammed into lands
will proceed with load development as time allows next week.... 375 RUM starting loads will be used since this wildcat is almost identical in capacity.......

rifle specs are

chrome moly Rem 700 (300 RUM donor)
McMillan swirly Rem Sporter stock (70% black, 30% Olive)
29" 12 twist #5 contour fluted Brux barrel (4 port brake machined into extra inch)
Jewell trigger
Extreme Hardcore Gear 20 moa picatinny base
Vortex 1" rings
Sightron SII Blue Sky 3-12X 42 mm scope

9 lbs 4 oz total weight
barreled action will be Cerakoted black after load developement

will be packing it around in Alaska this spring on a brown and black bear hunt then a moose hunt in the fall ........

Attachments

• photo 5a.jpg
    photo 5a.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 504
  • photo 4a.jpg
    photo 4a.jpg
    308.2 KB · Views: 437
  • photo b.JPG
    photo b.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 303
  • photo d5.JPG
    photo d5.JPG
    236.5 KB · Views: 334
  • photo 2a.jpg
    photo 2a.jpg
    866.2 KB · Views: 478
Reactions: 2wheels
Interesting and very similar to the .375 Sledgehammer that a handful of hunters in Aussie are running.

Say swamplord, if you're still here, whatever happened to another one of your projects where you did a .375 on .500 Jeffrey brass? AFAIK the Jeffrey takes pressure way better than the .505 Gibbs and so I'd think would make a good rival to the Cheytac stuff..?

Hi Swamplord,

I am very interested in exploring this cartridge because it solves the very issue I was looking at. I am interested in playing with this one on paper, and also a .416 version of the same. There are .416 variants with the same nose-to-ojive length that may be promising.

Couple questions. The Ruger cartridge is at 100gr H20. Do you think the 13% differential is a big advantage?

What were the challenges you faced for case forming? Only the neck turning? Do you believe you could have designed around existing cases and skipped this step or do you believe this an essential part of the process?