• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report 375 rocky mountain bullets BCs

jmason

Private
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2009
Roy, UT
Can Anyone out there validate the BCs on RM 375 bullets? Seems odd that they all have the same BC. I do know that the BC on the 338 /325gr is too high. The 375s are posted as being lower but still don't look quite right.

The 375 grain is .938 and the 370 grain (no longer in production) is .926. The 350's are somewhere around .9, or just a hair below, but I don't recall exactly what. The 338 BC was calculated from drop when fired from the .408 wildcat cartridges so extremely high velocity. Or so this is what I have been told . . . I have several of the 375 grain RM's but I have yet to confirm the BC so I don't know how true it is. At worst, it should be quite close.

Thanks for the response. That still seems high though. There's gotta be some folks out there using these with some substantive information. I don't know what the 338 BC is, but I will.... I'm pondering going 375 chey tac from 338 (current). Trying to determine if it's worth the effort and expense.

I shot the 338- 275gr RM out of my snipetac. Comparing it to the 300gr Berger's bc, it was substantially higher, flew way better.
I have no way of determining actual bc's, just what I was able to witness shooting the 2 side by side. IMO, they're close to stated bc.

And according to a drop chart off exbal, the numbers matched up better with the RM. My target that got the most attention was set at 2073, on a hillside where spotting POI was easy, the diff in number of hits weighed in heavily in favor of the RM. At 2k plus yards, a 2mph variation in wind makes a diff between hit and miss.

I've ordered some Rocky Mountain .350 gr.....the last November 2013.....still waiting, I'm very disappointed..