• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

375 ruger freebore

Dschapp44

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 15, 2018
    I’m having a switchbarrel rifle made with a 300 Sherman magnum barrel and a 375 ruger barrel. Since I have to use a CIP length mag to get the most out of the Sherman and hopefully those 245 grain EOL (if they ever come out) I started looking at the ruger with a 300 gr accubond. Saami states that the coal is 3.340 with a freebore of .125. Using a test cartridge I am able to move these out to 3.600 and still have some room to chase the lands a bit and not lose grip in the neck by seating to far. My smith said the freebore on his reamer is around .240 so I can push it a little. I’m trying to decide if I want to throat it a bit more and try and increase the performance. It’s going to be a rarely used hunting rifle so not to worried about burning the throat up

Does anyone have experience with a .375 Ruger and freebore for seating the bullets longer?