• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

375 Tejas????????????

Fotis

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 14, 2009
Cheyenne, Wyoming
gsgroup.co.za
Ok guys, I know this is a 375 RUM Improved but I have heard some unbelievable velocity claims with it.

I have heard:

3300+ with a 260 gr
3100+ with a 300 gr
and 3005 with a 350 SMK

What gives? I have had a few 378 Wbies and none could safely come close to these claims.
Are these people using 40" tubes?

Anyway what do safe loads really produce?

Re: 375 Tejas????????????

I am friends with the guy who invented the "Tejas" design and can ask him next time I talk to him - next week.

This rifle was chambered by brad stair and has a 31" brux barrel 1-10 twist. My load is 108 grains of reloader 25 350 smk and I cant get enough of this powder in the case to run high pressure. Brad claimed 260 accubond at 3400 fps but the best safe load I have found is at 3375 fps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 375ultra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This rifle was chambered by brad stair and has a 31" brux barrel 1-10 twist. My load is 108 grains of reloader 25 350 smk and I cant get enough of this powder in the case to run high pressure. Brad claimed 260 accubond at 3400 fps but the best safe load I have found is at 3375 fps. </div></div>

I would think 25fps is as little as a variable between lot differences in powder or just difference between two barrels.