• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.375ct bullet comparison

savage110

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2009
USA
Re: .375ct bullet comparison

Yes they are. They are supposed to have a very very tight tolerances during manufacturing on everything down to temp of cutting. I guess it will change enough during production to change the dimension from start to end.

This is the same for the .408CT as well. The Jamison solids are basically the LRBT solids. They're precision CNC lathed copper/nickel alloy and are tricky to make. Yes, they're very expensive but they perform better than any other bullet at ELR distances. This is a well proven fact.

Now, on the other hand, the SMKs will get you far, just as far but for less money. Another alternative are the brass solids from Lehigh, which tend to be less expensive than the Jamison solids, but don't rate as well.

Here is a picture of a 375 SnipeTac case with some of the bullets.

Left to right is:
350 grn SMK, 361 grn Rocky Mountain allu tip, 347 grn Predator, 355 grn GSC, ZA 6.5 and ZA 7.0.

350smkRM361P347GS355ZA65ZA70.jpg

Cheers,

Master Diver

Hey master diver
Have you done any testing with the 6.5 and 7.0 bullets those look great? I am curious to know what twist barrel you would have to use with those and what the BC value is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stenger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey master diver
Have you done any testing with the 6.5 and 7.0 bullets those look great? I am curious to know what twist barrel you would have to use with those and what the BC value is. </div></div>

The picture is NOT taken by me.
Here is some information regarding twist and BC:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1485075#Post1485075

To sum it all up - you need <span style="text-decoration: underline">about</span> 13-6.5 exit twist from a LGT to stabalize the ZA 375/6.5 I hope
smile.gif

The ZA 375/7.0 is more tricky and undived waters
grin.gif

Cheers,

Master Diver

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Master Diver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is a picture of the NEW .375 414 grn SP bullet by GSC

Cheers,

Master Diver

375414sp.jpg

</div></div>

That is the one I am waiting for!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Master Diver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is a picture of the NEW .375 414 grn SP <span style="color: #FF0000">bullet</span> by GSC

Cheers,

Master Diver

375414sp.jpg

</div></div>

That is the one I am waiting for!!</div></div>

Looks closer to a dart