• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

37XC barrel for AI/ASR

Jimmy D in AK

Myrmidon
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2010
Alaska (AK)
Hey gents,

I’m looking for a shop that can spin up a 37XC barrel for my Accuracy International AX/ASR. I’ve heard of guys running 33XC on the platform so someone is out there doing it. I checked with Mile High Shooting and there are not currently staffed for it… and suggestions? Thx

ES Tactical did my 37xc barrel for my AXMC. Quality work for sure. I provided the blank though.

@Jimmy D in AK , I talked to Fritz about doing a 37xc. He mentioned doing one for someone else up in Alaska for an AI. Must’ve been you? If so, how do you like it? I found a 36” 1:8 blank I was going to send to him to get chambered. It’s really just something new to play around with, no competitions. How’s the brass? Decent luck with the cartridge? Anything you would change on a new barrel if you’d got one?

To confirm that contour, it's 1.35" for roughly 5"-8" and turned down to about 1.20" for the remainder, correct? I'm in the middle of trying to source some barrels and one of the XC's is very intriguing.

To confirm that contour, it's 1.35" for roughly 5"-8" and turned down to about 1.20" for the remainder, correct? I'm in the middle of trying to source some barrels and one of the XC's is very intriguing.
Lri can do it. The have done one for my MRAD, I'm sure its easier with the AI. I went with a modified heavy palma.

Reactions: Part Timer
Yes for AI long action you need the 1.350 shank then it can tapper down to what ever you want. My barrels for my 300wm,300,nm and .338lm all go from 1.350 for 6 inches then down to .930 at the muzzle.

Reactions: Part Timer