• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Quarter Horse

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 17, 2010
    Carlton, OR
    The recent thread regarding a members first handgun purchase caused me to drag out some revolvers I hadn't fired in years. What I had to shoot was 158gr. SWC that were reloads by a company that sold to LE. It never shot particularly well and hadn't gotten better with age. Back in the day, 70's, when I shot revolvers a lot I bought match grade HBWC. It shot great in a number of Colts. I don't remember which manufacturer but I can say they were all nickeled cases as I had coffee cans full of empties. I checked around on prices and that stuff appears to be expensive even if bought in bulk. Does anybody have a souce where it can be bought for under $15.00 a box?

If not, has anyone used this. http://www.precisiondelta.com/products/38-spl-148gr-hbwc-remanufactured-ammunition/#product-reviews Price is right and the reviews look good.

Ive loaded thousands of Precision Delta 148 HBWC. I recommend the match lube as its less messy to handle.

P5177936.JPG

The only HBWC factory I know of is a Federal GMM product and occasionally it will be on sale at Target Sports USA but even on sale its pricey.

I load my HBWC primarily for a 52-2....

P5157430.JPG

The recipe is sort of a whimp load but its fun shooting in the semi auto as well as a few revolvers I run it in.

Low power and lots of accuracy, great fun.

Last edited:
    Reactions: deltawiskey
    PM found PD's wadcutters to be satisfactory in his reloads for a 52 so I decided to try their 148gr. re-man 148gr. HBWC. I ordered the 250ct. which costs $62.17. Having shopped the Fed. Match the price was cheap, if it shot. Well it did, I ran it through S&W 27, 66 and Pythons in 4 and 6". It shot great. So I ordered 1K for myself and another K for a friend who shoots a S&w 28 and had tried a couple of boxes from the first 250ct. The current price on 1K is $223. shipped and it shoots great.

In the process of ordering this I ended up with some of PD's 9mm, new manufacture 124gr HP. I had dragged these revolvers out was that I found my three nines were not shooting in a satisfactory manner with any of the various white box ammo I was using for practice. 124gr. Blazer Brass was performing best and even it was not acceptable to me. The nines are a G19 Gen 4, a BHP that I bought new over a half C. ago and a NightHawk Heine Competition. All of them shot in an absolutely acceptable manner with the PD JHP.

All of Precision Delta's ammo performed well beyond it's price point.

Reactions: pmclaine