• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision 384 thermal scanners

Jnull

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2020
I’m looking for a scanner, really don’t need anything special once I see something of interest I’m going to get on my rifle to PID.

I’m looking at the pulsar axion 2 XQ35 pro and AGM taipan TM19-384. I’m not a fan of AGMs internal battery and Chinese build but these seem to be pretty popular. Anything else in this price range or cheaper worth considering? I also wear glasses and it seems that can be a hassle with a lot of scanners.

What are you running for your main thermal?

Pulsar trail XP50. Bought it new over 6 years ago and it’s been solid ever since but eventually I’ll upgrade that as well.

Nice, I was in the same thought process as you, I have a Steiner S35, and with no QD, I was planning to look for a handheld. But I think I'm going to just move on from that and buy the AGM Varmint with QD mount so I'll be using it as the spotter and main thermal. Following along.

Reactions: FuhQ
I’ve used the shit out of an AGM taipan 25-384 with no issues. Hundreds of hours both day and night hunting. I do not go hunting without it now. My grandpa has used his taipan 19-384 even more than me and also no issues. They are excellent for the money.

Reactions: Jnull
I've been using a sightmark mini thermal 2-16×35 ,384×288 as a scanner for awhile and it works for me , also use it on my pcp air rifle for pesting in the backyard , got the qd Mont for it and a handle that's made for another model to make it more handy as a scanner

Attachments

• 17078891542183281469260402810727.jpg
    17078891542183281469260402810727.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 14
I ended up getting an axion 2 XQ35 pro from night vision outfitters, their entire axion 2 line is $500 cheaper then anyone else. I exchanged 33 emails with them discussing rix, agm, iray and pulsar all with very fast responses. They definitely earned my money and with far better prices then anywhere else I saw.

Reactions: Ernest 5.56