• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft 3D hunting suit

SIERRAWHISKEY

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2006
PANAMA CITY FL.
I've been playing around with this pattern for awhile by cutting patterns in duck canvas then sewing it to a set of BDU's.I've still got alot of T&E to do but the out come IMO looks pretty good for the pine woods and swamp.
GHILLIESNEW020.jpg

GHILLIESNEW010.jpg

GHILLIESNEW013.jpg

GHILLIESNEW015.jpg

GHILLIESNEW031.jpg

GHILLIESNEW024.jpg

Re: 3D hunting suit

nicely done. definately a solid alternative to jute and easier to move when passing through dense AOs. how's the heat factor with the duck canvas?

Because I am a dumb@$$, can you take me through a step-by- step instruction.

How well do you think this would work in West Alabama. Lots of dense woods and pines with a little bit more grren/grey type woodland floor during the "winter".

Looks very good, how much did it cost you and how did you sew it on and how long did that take you?

Are you or have you used it for hunting? If so, then how did it work.

Also, how durable is it?

Thanks,
P.B.Walsh

GZ the heat factor is no more than you would get off a set of BDU's,I built the suit for a Hide Member that will be using it for turkey hunting.

Walsh what started me to building this kind of suit was when I ran into a hunting buddy on his way to his lease.He had a 3D suit that he picked up at Bass Pro and I asked him how he liked it,,,,well he said its a POS and will not take heavy brush and its falling apart and some of the seams are busting.I looked the suit over good and thought I build a better suit.

I've got a little over a yard of canvas in it and it took about 2hrs. to sew down.

You can dye the canvas to match any area that you would hunt in from thick green woods even to desert.....how I dye the material is going to be my little secret.

When I get the time I'm going to build one for winter over whites in the 3D and give it to a Hide Member to test out.

SW, I have a simliar model that someone passed to me in the mid-90's of a very light weight netting. I like it because I can stuff it into a small pouch and then just throw it on over whatever I am wearing. The jacket has an oversized hood that easily goes over my hat and head and hangs way down in front. I tried it a few times while after squirrels and had to bite my lip to keep from laughing as they heard my "barker" call and came down the tree beside me...

(If you live in California, consider GUNNY POP on Tuesday!)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I saw you in the woods I'd head the other direction.

laugh.gif
</div></div>

Boggie Man,,,,,

CW the rifle wrap was extra material I had left over.

41 as in fashion as the ghillie is I think there's better and lighter camo out there,as some of the suits I'm exploring with and the netting you have make for a better kit for the user.I'm always on the look out to build a better mouse trap.

GTG. The one that I have is cut the same as your 1st and 2d shots but weighs almost nothing. It would be destroyed in a long crawl through brush but I'd prefer to replace it than re-build a 100 pounder.

what i have come to like is a little net top and bottom i got at walmart for $40, similar 3D stuff all over it, but its light and comes on and off quick. Dont always want to heft something like a ghillie.

I have to ask SW........... does it come in multicam?

Sorry couldnt resist, it looks mighty good and looks like it would work great in the river bottoms of the Apalach. I will have to take a look at it when I make it down round the end of the month.