• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

3d Printed Baker-esque Wings

OmegaRed

Private
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2021
Felton, PA
So back a couple months ago when my ACC came in for my CZ455, I saw some information about the Baker wings. I thought that looks cool, but will I like those? Will they make a difference to me? They weren't available at that point and the eventual $140 when I wasn't sure how I would like them made me think, I can make something like that. So some CAD time later, after a revision or two, and some stippling, here we are.

I haven't had a chance to do more than dryfire with them at this point, with the DFAT optics adapter, but they feel good. Soon I should have the project in fighting trim (new barrel) and actually put some rounds through it.

Certainly they aren't a equivalent to a real Baker wing, but they will allow me to answer some questions.

Attachments

• IMG_8755 (1).jpg
    IMG_8755 (1).jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 698
Any updates? How are you liking it?
I like them. It's only on a 22LR so any benefit to recoil with my hand on them is not perceivable. Left/right balance is better on a bag. I need to do more shooting to further quantify the benefit for me.

Ditto on if you are willing to share the stl file. Been enjoying making parts for my presses and reloading and saw the swings the other day and wondered about a printed set.

Reactions: Drhorsepower
So let me get this straight, a guy modeled up something for himself ( modeled after a product that is very expensive) and basically selling them for the cost of material, and he needs to pay royalties?

Are the baker wings patented? There are soooo many products on the market that are similar but different, royalties aren’t going to the first person ever to design x chassis, grip, etc.

Oh and he’s not advertising at all btw.

So I know keith very well. Hence who designed the Baker wing. He actually designed this from the ground up. He also owns Ice Rifles. I will let him know about this thread. He will let you know if he has a patent.

So I know keith very well. Hence who designed the Baker wing. He actually designed this from the ground up. He also owns Ice Rifles. I will let him know about this thread. He will let you know if he has a patent.
I’m sure they’re quaking in their boots 🤣

Sigh.

• Haha
Reactions: NiteQwill
Actually, The OP posted that he was making money off of my friends intelectual design at the least. Pretty sure the hide has a no counterfeit policy. Secondly if MDT does not care neither do I. But a lot of time went into the design of this, and for someone to rip of the design, and stat that he is selling the item for profit is wrong.

Also the poster stated that he is selling them for $10. Pretty sure he is not allowed to sell on here.

Last edited:
Actually, The OP posted that he was making money off of my friends intelectual design at the least. Pretty sure the hide has a no counterfeit policy. Secondly if MDT does not care neither do I. But a lot of time went into the design of this, and for someone to rip of the design, and stat that he is selling the item for profit is wrong.
6E1AF103-464B-4DF2-A153-3D4CD5A431AF.jpeg

Last edited:
Call it the prebanpaul shield if you want to catch a lawsuit boy

I can't be assed to spend more than 5 min searching through USPTO, what's the patent number on baker wings? I'd like to review it. For, uh, science.

I can't be assed to spend more than 5 min searching through USPTO, what's the patent number on baker wings? I'd like to review it. For, uh, science.
How different would it have to be to not infringe? These are a similar idea but definitely not splashed copies

Different material, smaller, less attachment points, different shape, etc.

Last edited:
How different would it have to be to not infringe? These are a similar idea but definitely not splashed copies
I'm not your lawyer and this isn't legal advice- There's no set standard. Patents protect the invention, not the product, so depends on what was filed.

Reactions: akmike47
I'm not your lawyer and this isn't legal advice- There's no set standard. Patents protect the invention, not the product, so depends on what was filed.
Just curious, seems like it would be BS to me but I'm no lawyer

Guess they better send C&Ds to side rail and external weight manufacturers while they’re at it. Hell, gamer plates might be at risk too. NO ONE IS SAFE.

Jfc.
It'll be like old boy trying to take everyone with bubble levels to court.

Just curious, seems like it would be BS to me but I'm no lawyer
Meant to be (mostly) a joke.

Material, size, manufacture method don't generally weight in. The design could be, but as mentioned, would be a hard sell with all the previously launched & competing side/gamer plates.