• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

3D printed gun parts

rome107

Private
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2017
Gemany
Hey all,

having a 3D printer is cheap and fun nowadays. As a gun guy the idea of printing some functional or fun parts for your gun comes quickly.
The throw levers are working great and especially in Europe, these are usually not available for most scopes.
Some of the parts are more for the fun, like the skull bolt handle...
Custom gun stands or mag holders for the gun safe are also nice to print.

The material sure has its limitations so I go only for parts that will not make the gun unfunctional if they fail.

Attachments

• 3dgunparts.png
    3dgunparts.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 208
Reactions: pfl338 and Rover31
Nice work. If you find yourself limited by what PLA can do in your printer, try experimenting with some of the ABS or exotic filaments. It may take some tweaking on your printer settings but there may be an advantage depending on what your trying to make. I like the 1911 grips.

I reckon they look a bit too homemade to sell, I made them to justify buying a 3d printer to my wife. I might post the designson thingiverse though.

so am I going to be the first to ask for the .stl files for some of these?? particularly the tenon protectors!

I just made a tool for the end caps of my Dead Air Mask. Found on Thingiverse a set for my Ghost, figured I'd make the same setup for the Mask. Also made a block to hold my reloading primer pocket tools and gauges. Posted both on Thingiverse.

Next up is something to keep the brass shavings out of the internals of my Frankford Arsenal case prep station.

Attachments

• IMG_8558.jpg
    IMG_8558.jpg
    531.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_8577.jpg
    IMG_8577.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 47
I also printed a throw lever for my Burris XTR II 5-25. it's for sale (the scope) locally but figured I'd play around and see how it works.

IMG_8549.jpg

Reactions: EN2722
Gotcha! For what it’s worth, I think they are legit. I do not own a 3D printer nor do I have a clue where to even start with one.

I knew nothing either until I bought myself a printer but I kept thinking of things I could use or fix with a printer so I snagged one in the black friday sales, I think it was $300.

Everything I've made so far was in tinkercad which is pretty simple to use. I really want to try to learn a proper cad drawing program and I downloaded blender but I've pretty much just stared at the screen for a few hours and achieved nothing, I cant make it draw anything or even see how to. Still it's all part of the fun isnt it. I've put the protectors up on thingiverse but I've got to wait 24 hrs I'll put the link up when they are approved.

I have an EPAX X1 resin printer and can make small parts that are stronger than many plastics. However they have come out with an X10 model that will allow MUCH LARGER prints. I am considering adding one to my printer collection and start making larger items.

PLA Printer- Creality 10S Pro
SLA Printer (Resin) Epax X1

With these 2 printers I can make almost anything, but with the Epax X10, I can make 99% of anything needed.

Hey all,

having a 3D printer is cheap and fun nowadays. As a gun guy the idea of printing some functional or fun parts for your gun comes quickly.
The throw levers are working great and especially in Europe, these are usually not available for most scopes.
Some of the parts are more for the fun, like the skull bolt handle...
Custom gun stands or mag holders for the gun safe are also nice to print.

The material sure has its limitations so I go only for parts that will not make the gun unfunctional if they fail.