• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

3D printed item needed. Anyone want to do it?

BuildingConceptsllc

Don't Start None, won't be none.
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 13, 2020
    Alabama
    So I got one of the ugly reloading primers (which I'm loving). The only thing is that it could be a little faster for me if the part where you push to load a new primer were a little bit of a bigger "button". So.... I was wondering if you fine gentleman with a 3d printer wanted to make a button to slide onto it that would give a little wider area for my thumb to press? Something that slips over it and that is maybe 1/2" thick by an inch wide would probably be good but I'm open to whatever from those with more experience.

Attachments

• 20240316_091754.jpg
      20240316_091754.jpg
      282.3 KB · Views: 79
    Probably cheaper to just superglue a quarter to it.

Does the shuttle press all the way into the primer body?

Probably cheaper to just superglue a quarter to it.

Does the shuttle press all the way into the primer body?
    No it has about .19" sticking out when fully pressed. I wouldn't want to glue anything unless it was something that fit over the slider end. The button if that would work, would need to swap from small to large or have 2 of them and glue them on.

Reactions: TheOfficeT-Rex
    True 3d shaping might have better egonomics, but
    you are into the luxury vs necessity aspect of it all.

supergluing a quarter is pretty genius

Reactions: Kadams1563
    True 3d shaping might have better egonomics, but
    you are into the luxury vs necessity aspect of it all.

supergluing a quarter is pretty genius
    I think it would have to fit over the slider or it wouldn't hold up and you'd just have super glue on the slider. It's not a big need or anything but it would be nice so I could hit it with my thumb without looking at all.

I think it would have to fit over the slider or it wouldn't hold up and you'd just have super glue on the slider. It's not a big need or anything but it would be nice so I could hit it with my thumb without looking at all.
    Come to think about it, there is a guy in the Anschutz thread that made an offset thrumb press for his Fortner (22LR). Probably would work for this application, if he could make you one LOL. I'll see if I can find the link...

Reactions: TheOfficeT-Rex
    How thick is that vertically? Just clamp a Hornady Anvil Base on it if it will work, maybe open up the anvil base's channel needed

It's a little too thick but that's a good thought. Man, what's the point if having all this Gucci crap I've got if I just junk it up? :)

Fortunately, there's good people on here who will help each other out. I've helped and been helped many many times and I expect that to continue. In fact, there's already several prototypes of this button that's been printed and a few more 20% larger being printed as I type. Lots of good guys on the Hide so we will get to see how this thing will work in a few days

Reactions: R_A_W