• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 3d printed multi-wrench for the Obsidian 45

Gtscotty

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2018
I modeled a 3d printable Obsidian 45 wrench over the holidays and posted a few other places, but figured my Obsidian shooting Hide brethren might be interested as well.

I drew up a basic hex wrench for swapping my Liberty Sovereign mounts a while ago and wanted to do something similar for my Obsidian, but I also wanted to include an end cap wrench, regular mount wrench and 3-lug mount wrench all in the same tool.

Here's what I came up with:

IMG-20191126-201413547.jpg

It's about 6.5" long, is pretty comfortable to use and prints without supports.

IMG-20191126-202844569-01.jpg

Took a few iterations to get the fit right, but all three wenches interface very well with my Obsidian.

IMG-20191126-204434733-01.jpg

The green material is PLA+, but it also prints well in PETG:

IMG-20191127-162344304.jpg

Here's the .stl on Thingiverse for folks who'd like to print one up.

Rugged Obsidian multi-wrench

I've been printing it with 4-5 horizontal perimeters and 50%-60% gyroid infill for strength and stiffness.

Thanks, I found someone with a printer, she is gonna try to print me one up.

I'll find out what brand of printer it is, and try to get you the specifics.

Sorry for the late reply. The printer she used is a NWA 3D Model A31. Using your file it seems to have come out fine.

Reactions: Gtscotty
Hey man, are you still printing these up? I finally got my Obsidian 45 after a week shy of 14 months wait... Was looking online for a non-marring, but still very strong, tool to remove and tighten the end caps, and booster plug.

Also, my baffles are SUPER tight and don't like to come apart, do you think it would be possible to make a 3D printed set of tools that could hold the baffles tight (and round) and allow you to pop them apart without bending, marring, or deforming them for cleaning?