• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

3EIR Vulcan IR-V

jeffl838

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2013
Couldn't find anything via search. I'm settling that a modlite PL350 body with the Vulcan IR-V with IR aim/illum combo + an offset modlite will be the best civ day/night fighting set up. I've bought everything except for the Vulcan IR-V head...

Does anyone know where the best price for the Vulcan IR-V will be? I've been trying to reach them via their contact us page to see if they'll do a military pricing but haven't been able to get through via phone or email. Don't even see that product offered on any other site. Makes me wonder how small this company is. Thanks.

Us night vision carries some of their earlier products and have cheaper prices than the home site. I've never bought from Us night vision but there was some kinda drama going on with them but I don't remember the details.

Eta someone on another forum got ahold of them and was told around 500$ for the head and available after shot show but seems like no ones been able to get ahold of them since then.

Last edited:
Man I want to get this thing but don't want to fork over 700 bucks today just to have the company go out of business with a 200 dollar fire sale and no warranty

I didn't think they were actually available yet. At any rate there's always guys that gotta be the 1st to reveiw the newest thing so let them be the testers and get one if it looks good. 700$ is 700$. Halfway to a d2 or 1/3 to a fp.

A couple things up in the air is if it holds and returns to zero. Also it's a pretty powerful illuminator and we don't know how well the diffuser will work for closer in use. I have a tlr to run with it so I'll have the close in covered but it might not be great as a stand alone unless in really open country.

I already have a light body outboard so tlr paddle for close and button for far without having to fuck with anything.

20230121_161658.jpg

Sorry, this is for a pistol or a rifle? I'm not sure how you came to the conclusions in the top post about this being the best setup available to civilians when you can buy a MAWL or a Raid Xe tomorrow.

Although promising, some videos have some up close spill I don’t know how to describe it, but it has the tight 150mW illum 3 degrees but there’s some spill right in front of the user. If you care enough just check out this YT this is a few videos on it. I’m assuming he’s the one making the product

Although promising, some videos have some up close spill I don’t know how to describe it, but it has the tight 150mW illum 3 degrees but there’s some spill right in front of the user. If you care enough just check out this YT this is a few videos on it. I’m assuming he’s the one making the product
That's the older illum only model. I don't think anyone has their hands on the new version yet.

Anyone have updates on this?
I still have one backordered, he's had some delays lol. I've talked to Dave a couple times on the phone, very friendly. He said he's shipping out the designatIR's and the Vulcans will be coming soon. No idea if that means they'll be in stock for those that haven't backordered.

Reactions: mig1nc
I’d love to try one on a Modlite PDW-350 body mounted at 12 o’clock.

That’s odd when the Vulcan is by far their more appealing product. Turning a $300 weapon light into a MAWL for $600 sounds like an absolute game changer.

Reactions: GreenMushroom
That’s odd when the Vulcan is by far their more appealing product. Turning a $300 weapon light into a MAWL for $600 sounds like an absolute game changer.
Potentially yeah but the DIR-V's have a lot more backorders I think. More familiar form factor, more reviews, viz laser