• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

3gun iron sights for ar?

Re: 3gun iron sights for ar?

That sight looks a little fragile to me. Most stages that I've shot when you finish with a rifle you drop it into a barrel/steel drum when you're finished. I bent a spine on a vortex flash hider dropping my rifle into a barrel. I use a mag pul BUIS and standard front sight tower in case my aimpoint goes tits up.

Look at something like Magpul or Troy's fixes or flip-up sights - a lot easier to use quickly than the old school Creedmoor-style sights in your link.

ok thanks. Question Does mounting the front sight to the barrel mess with the accuracy? and also would I be ahead to just get a red dot? JP has a nice one for just 100 more the the iron sites.... then I could put it on a 45degree mount after I decided on a scope...? anyone used this red dot before?

I bought a JPSRTS for my LRP-07. It works great up to 35-40 yards, it sits off at an angle, it is an easy set up to put on and take off in seconds. Go to there website and look at detachable sights and you will find it.

Rickey I have not tried that particular sight but I know John uses it to Piggy Back his Trijicon ACOG.

Yea I read that. He even claims it could be a little clearer but you shouldn't be looking at it that long.... ;> thanks for the reply

Really give the JPSRTS a good look. It is simple, effective, and very very easy to use. He puts the REAR and FRONT on one piece, but there is enough distance to get a quick alignment on a target with fast aquisitions back to the SCOPE.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rickey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok thanks. Question Does mounting the front sight to the barrel mess with the accuracy? and also would I be ahead to just get a red dot? JP has a nice one for just 100 more the the iron sites.... then I could put it on a 45degree mount after I decided on a scope...? anyone used this red dot before? </div></div>
The further the front and rear sights are from each other the easier it is to shoot a rifle accurately. I really wouldn't want my front sight on a 3-gun AR anything different than a standard A2 front sight tower. I've gotten in a hurry a few times and really banged my rifles up. I went with an Aimpoint just because I have a lot of experience with them. One particular stage I forgot to turn it on. The standard FSB became my front sight and the tube of the Aimpoint became my rear aperature. I cleaned the stage with the furthest targets being 75yds.

I understand that the extra distance between the sights make it Harder to mess up if you will... but does the extra weight mess up the harmonic vibrations of the barrel...? would you be better of with the same sight 1 in back on your hand guard...?

I'm better off with the standard sight just because of its strength and durability. For te matches I've been to the furthest rifle target has been 250 yards. Easily hit with standard iron sights or optic