• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jrb572

Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 7, 2008
    Missouri
    are they worth the money? Seeing a bunch of good and not so good reviews online.

I have a set of eymotic gunsport pros I really like. But they use hearing aid batteries and would like something rechargeable and not break the bank. I see eymotic makes some but look to be about $450 and they 3m ones around $150.

My first set started having issues with holding a charge after 9 months and were replaced under warranty.
    2nd set is holding up fine and they're around 10 months old now.
    Personally I find after they have been in the ear for extended periods.( 2hrs +).
    The ear canal becomes painful.
    Not sure if others experience this or my ears are just a poor design.

They're good. A member here had a ton of them and was selling them for $100/shipped a while back and I bought 2 pairs.

Good sound quality/amplification, good battery life, comfy, decent NRR (better NRR if you get the optional skull screw foam tips which provide some additional NRR over the included foam ear tips. The 3-cup silicone rubber tips provide the least amount of noise reduction, but are easiest to insert and remove from the ear.) If you're frequently using them in a windy area you might want to consider getting the stick-on foam gust guards for the microphones.

I use them mostly in the shop if using loud tools and with noisy 2 stroke yard equipment, they're good protection for that while also allowing me to hear other noises and have a conversation. For shooting they're not enough NRR for me... I use 33 NRR foam earplugs + Sordins with the gel earcups for shooting.

A disclaimer on the above: I'm in a non-suppressor friendly state so most rifles are running brakes, which is a big reason why I double up on plugs and muffs... not worth taking a chance losing more hearing IMO. Maybe with a suppressor the EEP's by themselves would be enough, but I can't say for sure.

Last edited:
    Do they have replaceable filters like the Eymotic? In the part that attaches to the ear plug on the eymotic there is. I’ve had to replace them several times I guess earwax or dust makes it in there.

They're good. A member here had a ton of them and was selling them for $100/shipped a while back and I bought 2 pairs.

Good sound quality/amplification, good battery life, comfy, decent NRR (better NRR if you get the optional skull screw foam tips which provide some additional NRR over the included foam ear tips. The 3-cup silicone rubber tips provide the least amount of noise reduction, but are easiest to insert and remove from the ear.) If you're frequently using them in a windy area you might want to consider getting the stick-on foam gust guards for the microphones.

I use them mostly in the shop if using loud tools and with noisy 2 stroke yard equipment, they're good protection for that while also allowing me to hear other noises and have a conversation. For shooting they're not enough NRR for me... I use 33 NRR foam earplugs + Sordins with the gel earcups for shooting.

A disclaimer on the above: I'm in a non-suppressor friendly state so most rifles are running brakes, which is a big reason why I double up on plugs and muffs... not worth taking a chance losing more hearing IMO. Maybe with a suppressor the EEP's by themselves would be enough, but I can't say for sure.
    I tried looking for that add to see if he had any more. But I can not find it.

They're pretty great for hot weather, don't pick up much wind, & don't have much of a lag.

If you're frequently using them in a windy area you might want to consider getting the stick-on foam gust guards for the microphones.
    I basically only shoot in fairly windy conditions (7-18mph), haven't really ever had an issue

Maybe with a suppressor the EEP's by themselves would be enough, but I can't say for sure.
    Making me worry here... I honestly didn't think much about this before using them & have now been using them for a few of months around mostly braked rifles. The EEP-100s w/ silicone tips are 23db NRR, classic Howard Leights are 22db NRR

Skull screws bump the EEP-100s to 30 db NRR. (The highest rating of any electronic ear pro when I was buying 2 years ago.)

I wear just them with braked rifles and they work as good as any in ear plug.